Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2018 Dodge Durango and it's "Where Am I" location is incorrect. I am in Ontario but it shows I am in Quebec. Also on my dash the compass is showing the opposite of the direction we are travelling. I tried doing a soft reset, checked to see if I needed a software update and disconnected the battery for about an hour. None of this worked. What else can I try? Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for your replies. I will phone Dodge Canada and see if they can resolve this issue. A unit that is just 4 years old shouldn't need to be replaced. My $400 cell phone lasts longer!

·
Registered
75 Posts
I also had a 2018 SRT Durango and the radio had to be replaced. The navigation showed my position 30 miles away from where I was located. The radio had a cell card that was inoperative. There was a company in florida that can open it up and replace that card. When I researched it was about 600 dollars but luckily I was two weeks prior to warranty expiration.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just purchased a 2018 Dodge Durango and it's "Where Am I" location is incorrect. I am in Ontario but it shows I am in Quebec. Also on my dash the compass is showing the opposite of the direction we are travelling. I tried doing a soft reset, checked to see if I needed a software update and disconnected the battery for about an hour. None of this worked. What else can I try? Thanks.
At around 10K mi., the navigation in my 2018 also "got lost" and showed me somewhere where I wasn't. My dealer attempted an update, but it was unsuccessful and caused the whole Uconnect to be non-operational, including climate, car settings etc. It was still under warranty and they replaced the unit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine would not move to the next stop and I almost wrecked because of it and then at the bottom of the screen it kept flickering different streets. I am going to call the dealer today and see what they can do. I also lost most of my apps.
If you look closely at the street name and then look where the car is. It's not even on the same street and it stayed like that for a mile until I realized what the heck is going on.

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
2,022 Posts
If you have an '18 then it's a known issue with users and if the vehicle is out of 36K bumper to bumper warranty then you are on your own.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts