Dodge Durango Forum banner

uConnect lost functions after hard reset

15K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  TishTash 
#1 ·
Hello everyone. A couple of days ago I had to take my wife to the hospital, only to find that my ‘18 Durango GT was completely dead after a while of not driving it because of the whole virus issue.

I jump started it and carried on to the hospital but the uConnect didn’t bother to start up. The screen was completely dead and unresponsive. Power button, volume dial, voice controls, front USB ports, radio, none of that worked. When putting on reverse, the backup camera didn’t turn on the screen either. A/C worked fine.

I tried all the soft reset procedures I could find with all kinds of different button combinations but none worked.

Finnally, I opted for the hard reset and pulled the in line fuse that’s in the battery compartment under the passenger’s seat, counted 10/20 seconds and put it back in.

After turning the car back on, the uConnect system booted up but got quite a bare bones version of the interface, with lots of functions missing from the menu.

Now I can’t see all the control options I could before this happened. For instance, I can’t see the options for the backup camera, Units, Safety/Assistance, Lights, Doors & Locks, and a few others. In the Clock and Date I don’t have the option to set the date and, in turn, I now see an option to sync the time to GPS (that was not there before).

Also, backup camera still does not work. When putting on reverse, the rear sensor beeps but the camera doesn’t pop up on the screen and the radio volume doesn’t go down as it did before all of this.

I want to re install the software using a USB drive but can’t download it since the DriveUconnect.com website says my car has the latest update.

I’m trying to avoid going to the dealer as I can’t leave my wife alone.

Sorry for the long post. I tried to give a somewhat complete description of the issue.

Thanks in advance for your help.

See less See more
#7 · (Edited)
@Yun2
I went through the same issue in my 18' a couple of months after getting it. Same problems you have, everything was like a basic 4" touchscreen as nothing looked right, and 80% of the functions were gone. On mine I couldn't adjust the heat or A/C, it was either straight hot or cold air at full blast.

There isn't anything you can download to get these functions back short of a normal software update for the system when they become available.

The good new is there is a reset procedure that has been posted that a Uconnect agent told someone to use. Give me a few and I will try and find the link to the post. This procedure worked on mine, but it took a little bit for everything to look come back and look normal again.

Edit: Found the link.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

#8 ·
Let me know if that URL works, looks like it is messed up, but seems to work for me, not sure it will work without the Tapatalk app installed however.

We had this problem last year with URL's, I hope it didn't return again...

#9 ·
Ok it isn't linked right, I'm going to try and repost the link again here:

Reactions: Yun2
#10 ·
Ok it isn't linked right, I'm going to try and repost the link again here:
That didn't work either. This should - your post is reply #8 in the thread:

#12 ·
I have had a lot issues with U-connect on my 2014 with a 5.7. Iv'e tried installing updated all of the ways possible.The uconnect guy even sent me thumb drive to install the update, it still didn't work the dealer had the car for 3 days before it took. Then I kept getting an error message about going to the dealer to get it checked because of the phone. Then the screen started turning black and one time it call 911 by itself. The dealer has the car again and has decided to replace the radio. The only thing on the + side is the U-connect people are very helpful and all of this has cost me $0. The car has already been there 5 days. When I get it back and use it for a couple of weeks I'll let you know what happened. I love the car but the U-connect sucks.

#13 ·
@Moose135

Thanks for the link correction, that was annoying LOL!

Reactions: Moose135
#17 ·
I could not get the phone to pair with the new radio. I called Uconnect 3 separate times and they got it to pair but with no contact info. Called again the had me erase the pairing. After a 45 min call nothing worked again. They said it was a Verizon problem. Went to them and they it was not their issue as the phone works right by itself. Going to the dealer here is a PITA. I went to the computer store i use and they were able to make it work with the first try. Bottom line Uconnect sucks.

#18 ·
When the power is disconnected completely, the Power Control Module forgets some of the options you have installed on the vehicle. Everything for every Durango is in the chips already, only some of it is "unlocked."

Mine took 45 minutes for SXM and the back camera to "come back" on as if nothing ever happened. There is nothing you need to do. Dodge said it can take 24-48 hours for the vehicle to figure it out and auto correct itself.

And indeed it does.

IndyDurango

#20 ·
Moral of the story: NOTHING MATTERS. Reseating fuses, restart hacks, the forced recharging: All are unimportant. You just need to hang on to your cookies and wait. A couple hours, a couple days — whatnot. Someone mentioned partial recovery in 45 min; mine took an overnight. YMMV, but the point is: Be patient. It all comes back.