Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

I recently upgraded (?) from an iPhone 6S to an iPhone XS. It connected to the U-connect fine, and is set as a favorite. It will play Bluetooth seemingly fine, but I have the following issues daily:

1) Intermittent Steering wheel controls - You select track up/down from the steering wheel and it will sometimes take up to 40 seconds for it to register and actually change the track.
2) The hands free system for the phone doesn't seem to load. I get a red X and "Hands free system loading...please wait"

This is the case 90% of the time since the phone upgrade. I tried to remove and re-pair the phone to the U Connect with no noticeable change.

Has anyone encountered this issue and if so, were you able to correct it (and if so, how)?

Thanks in advance!
Chris

·
Registered
58 Posts
I would suggest trying to see if those symptoms exist with a different phone present. If they exist across the board I would say its a uConnect issue if it only happens with your phone then I would say it is an issue with your device

·
Registered
254 Posts
Whenever doing a Re pair delete the car from phone and phone from car. Then do it, preferably without any out but devices in the area.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Check the firmware version of your Uconnect system online. If it's out of date, I suggest upgrading it. Mine just did it own it own.
Also I had some of those issues once when I had the iPhone 8 plus but all I did to correct it was to reboot my phone. I have the iPhone 11 Pro Max and came from the iPhone 8 Plus. My new 11 Pro Max works just like the 8 plus did, no skipping no issues at all. I have a 2017 model R/T system one year away from having CarPlay :confused:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts