Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,
2018 citadel hemi. Drove our Durango down to my folks place to see them for Christmas (week late). It’s a 2.5 hour drive. Anyway on Thursday on the way down the screen froze. I couldn’t turn it off, couldn’t change volume, couldn’t change station, couldn’t change thermostat or fan, it wouldn’t respond to my touch at all or the steering wheel controls. I pulled off road turned off the ignition and restarted it and it was ok then for the rest of the way which was only about a half hour. Well I came back this morning and it froze about the same spot so I was about a half hour into the trip home. This time I pulled off to shut it down and restart it and it wouldn’t even turn off and reset. Just stayed froze. So I started it and took off, well it rebooted on its own as I was driving then it was ok for about an hour then it froze again, I kept driving this time and about 5 minutes after it froze it rebooted as I was driving and was ok rest of the way. After we got home we took it out to eat and run a couple errands and it was ok until I stopped to get gas then when I restarted it after it turned on it froze. It was doing its reboot on its own thing when we got home. I guess I’ll probably have to take it to the dealer if it keeps this up, was just seeing what I can expect. I figure they’ll just try a reflash or something. It was very foggy and stuff, I wasn’t sure if there was any chance this was a signal issue or something. Just kind of weird.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It was put into service in November of 2017 but I do have Mopar warranty I purchased that extended the bumper to bumper to 6 years, 75,000. Glad I got that as it would be just out of warranty without it!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've just replaced one month ago my unit. I live in Canada and was showing me constantly in US. Now is ok the NAV but the radio is changing by itself frequencies and all my stored radio stations are gone. It is like a possessed unit. 😀
I'll go after the stealership and change it again. Still under warranty. On long term won't solve anything and those are really shitty units.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Hey guys,
2018 citadel hemi. Drove our Durango down to my folks place to see them for Christmas (week late). It’s a 2.5 hour drive. Anyway on Thursday on the way down the screen froze. I couldn’t turn it off, couldn’t change volume, couldn’t change station, couldn’t change thermostat or fan, it wouldn’t respond to my touch at all or the steering wheel controls. I pulled off road turned off the ignition and restarted it and it was ok then for the rest of the way which was only about a half hour. Well I came back this morning and it froze about the same spot so I was about a half hour into the trip home. This time I pulled off to shut it down and restart it and it wouldn’t even turn off and reset. Just stayed froze. So I started it and took off, well it rebooted on its own as I was driving then it was ok for about an hour then it froze again, I kept driving this time and about 5 minutes after it froze it rebooted as I was driving and was ok rest of the way. After we got home we took it out to eat and run a couple errands and it was ok until I stopped to get gas then when I restarted it after it turned on it froze. It was doing its reboot on its own thing when we got home. I guess I’ll probably have to take it to the dealer if it keeps this up, was just seeing what I can expect. I figure they’ll just try a reflash or something. It was very foggy and stuff, I wasn’t sure if there was any chance this was a signal issue or something. Just kind of weird.
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
DodgeCares

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
DodgeCares
thank you Allison. I will keep eye on it. It wa ls fine today. No problems at all. As I said I have plenty of warranty left so will have time to watch it.

·
Registered
402 Posts
thank you Allison. I will keep eye on it. It wa ls fine today. No problems at all. As I said I have plenty of warranty left so will have time to watch it.
Okay! Please keep me updated.

Alison
DodgeCares

1 - 8 of 8 Posts