Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2014 Durango Limited with the 9 speaker Alpine system. Currently on Software Version 17.11.17.

Just the other day it seemed the overall volume of the system (listening to HD radio or streaming music via Bluetooth) just decreased.

Before I kept the volume at 8 – 12 and it was comfortable. If I really wanted to punch it, I went up to 18 – 20 and it was plenty loud.

Now, suddenly, I have to keep it at 15 – 18 just to be able to listen at what I would call a comfortable level. Between 0 and 10 and there is hardly any difference and at 10 the system is just too quiet.

What happened? Did I blow the fuse to the amp? Any other ideas?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
So it's both HD radio and Bluetooth? If it was just Bluetooth I would say the volume on your phone may need to be increased. But if it's also doing this on the radio, it should sounds more like Uconnect has done something.

The only thing I can think of is the equalizer settings, and the speed increase levels. Not sure if the speed increase would matter at all. The equalizer could, but more so if all 3 were dragged to the bottom. And again, not sure if the volume would be effected here either.

There is a factory reset somewhere in the Uconnect settings, however, this is as drastic as it sounds, and you will lose all your settings and paired devices.

You could try disconnecting the negative battery lead for a few minutes, this will more or less force everything to reboot itself. You may get a check engine light after doing this, but that will go away after a few minutes.

Hopefully one of those options will work.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the suggestions! Unfortunately, it was not just the Bluetooth connection but all audio settings.

I took the fuse out for a minute or two (it was fine) and ... it DID fix the problem, for now. I have no idea what it was but I can now listen to a radio on 8 and it's fine (like it always has been). Hopefully, this is it and I won't have to deal with this again.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Glad it was an easy fix! I was going to mention the fuse as well and forgot, but it all worked out!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts