Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see my free trial is up this month and I got an Email saying if I upgrade before my free trial expires I can get it discounted to $14.99 a month for a 1 year renewal. And if I dont then it will cost $19.99 a year. My question is : has anyone been able to get it slightly cheaper for a 1 year renewal?

I know with services like XM/Sirius they tell you its $144 a year but if you haggle enough you can always get it down to the $77 a year which makes it worth it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My trial just ended at the end of the year. I called them this morning, spoke to a very nice lady in customer service. She said the standard price going forward will be 14.99 and that they eliminated the 19.99 regular fee all together. I told her they probably know how much I use it and it's mainly in winter to warm up the car, and that 15 a month is way too steep, could they offer any lower rates. She said they could not and that they don't negotiate on that, nor do they offer any watered down packages. I think they ought to have a ala cart type menu for the services. Disappointed but that monthly rate is CRAZY high.

·
Registered
654 Posts
i paid for 2 or 3 years of sirius traffic. thats probably the only thing i use. But they did call me and email me non stop right when my sub expired.

·
Registered
351 Posts
the only reason i pay the 14.99 a month fee is for the tracking system in case they steal my D. because even if the free trial expires you still have a few perks for the next 4 or 5 years. also you subscribe to the service you are eligible for and auto insurance discount for having the theft recovery system.
Yes the discount isn't all that but hey it's a discount. And yes I'm being Penny wise and Pound Foolish.

·
Registered
654 Posts
if the insurance savings covers the cost! it would be worth it. But i think insurance companies don't consider things like uconnect to be the same as lojack

·
Registered
284 Posts
I had a post similiar to this a few months ago. I agreed that its kind of pricey for what you get, although, they sent me an email (since mine expired on the 31st) also telling me the new price is $14.99. So I clicked on the website just to see everything again and it looks like they have added some new features such as the ability to send directions from your phone to your navigation, the ability to locate your vehicle on a map from your phone/computer, plus the ability to view your vehicles health statistics. Are all of those combined with the other items worth $14.99/month??? Well I guess its how much you use them...with these arctic temps I sure miss being able to start my car from my office so its warm when I get to it.

·
Registered
351 Posts
if the insurance savings covers the cost! it would be worth it. But i think insurance companies don't consider things like uconnect to be the same as lojack
They actually do because I got the discount. From Farmers Ins. I don't know if it would've been more if it where the Lo jack system.

Reactions: Redline_R/T

·
Registered
928 Posts
You know what, that's a good question. My one good buddy is a Statefarm agent. I'm going to send him a message and see what my discount would be if I added the Uconnect service and see what he says. I'd be surprised if it even saved $25 per year.

EDIT: His immediate response is that Statefarm's telematics only works with Ford Sync and OnStar. So in theory it does sound like you can get a discount, but it's probably going to vary by insurance company.

I'll update this if I hear anything else regarding it Statefarm and Uconnect.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Only thing that mattered to me was crash response and help when stranded. Both are included for free. I did not renew.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I had a post similiar to this a few months ago. I agreed that its kind of pricey for what you get, although, they sent me an email (since mine expired on the 31st) also telling me the new price is $14.99. So I clicked on the website just to see everything again and it looks like they have added some new features such as the ability to send directions from your phone to your navigation, the ability to locate your vehicle on a map from your phone/computer, plus the ability to view your vehicles health statistics. Are all of those combined with the other items worth $14.99/month??? Well I guess its how much you use them...with these arctic temps I sure miss being able to start my car from my office so its warm when I get to it.
the new features are only announced- not yet implemented. Coming first to 2015's in next couple months with the 2014's getting updated later on in the year.

·
Registered
165 Posts
So right before my 1 year trial expired I was offered the 14.99 monthly price and I signed up for the service. This morning I get a notification that I was charged $18.44 for the service. I promptly called the Uconnect customer service line and canceled.

·
Registered
351 Posts
So right before my 1 year trial expired I was offered the 14.99 monthly price and I signed up for the service. This morning I get a notification that I was charged $18.44 for the service. I promptly called the Uconnect customer service line and canceled.
remember that you are getting charged sales tax and other BS taxes that they are allowed to pass down to the client.

·
Registered
165 Posts
remember that you are getting charged sales tax and other BS taxes that they are allowed to pass down to the client.
Not anymore.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I read that teh voice to text is part of this package & it will not work without the subscription. Is that so?

Also Sirius (off topic) says that channel 400 & 403 (comedy) only work online but i do get them on the DD?

·
Registered
107 Posts
That's correct and it's not IOS compatible.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Also Sirius (off topic) says that channel 400 & 403 (comedy) only work online but i do get them on the DD?
we dont have "sirius" radios. They are "siriusxm" and based on the "xm" system.

the channel guides for sirius, xm, and siriusxm are all different. 400+403 are on "siriusxm" radios.

Basically they're starting the slow move to killing off Sirius and XM hardware and creating a third system called SiriusXM which is improved version of XM. While sirius and xm have most of the same content there are a few channel numbers different dependent if you are on the sirius system or xm system, Sirius xm has all the channels as XM and then some,. Our radios have the xm numbering scheme plus those extra siriusxm channels.

you can compare the lineups on the 3 different types of radios here:
Channel Lineup - SiriusXM Radio
use the dropdown by 'what type of radio do you have to see what's specific to each type of hardware'

you can looks up nba radio as example.
xm channel 86
sirius channel 207
siriusxm channel 86

channel 403- just for laughs
xm - online only
sirus - online only
sirius xm - on the radio AND online

·
Registered
165 Posts
Guess I can unsubscribe from this thread now since it turned so Sirius.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I find it a little annoying that Chrysler corp. offers a safety feature for one year free and then if you want to keep it you need to shell out $180.00 a year. I'm talking about the talk to text feature. I'm all for capitalism but there will be at least one person who ends up killing a car full of people or themselves because they were texting while driving in their Chrysler vehicle because they didn't want to pay the extra fee to keep that feature that they got used to. Just my two cents.

Marty

1 - 20 of 21 Posts