Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post and I am hoping someone here can help me since I am at my wits end. I have a 6 month old 2014 Durango Limited with the Uconnect 8.4A. 10% of the time my phone (LG G3 android 4.4.2) will connect via Bluetooth without issues. 90% of the time both my phone and the Uconnect will blink up the Bluetooth symbol (like it is connected) and then disconnect almost immediately. It will repeat this process forever. The only remedy is to turn Bluetooth off, count to 10, then turn it back on on my phone. This is extremely frustrating. Now for some details on what I have all tried.

• This issue also happened on my previous phone, a Moto X running Android 4.4.3
  • My wife has an iPhone 5C running iOS 7, it always connects without issue.
  • My wife also owns a Mazda CX-5. Both my Moto and LG connect everytime without issue in that vehicle.
  • I have updated my Uconnect to the latest software (14.25.05) and still have this issue.

At this point I can only assume it is some sort of issue with the UConnect and Android 4.4.x. I feel like I can't be the only person experiencing this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
351 Posts
did you pair the phone correctly from the beginning confirming the pin on both the phone and uconnect? also you might want to check the phone settings on the uconnect and make sure that your is the primary device? that might help. I have a sony xperia Z on 4.4.2 and it works perfectly.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Try completely removing the device from the Uconnect and then pair it again. Both my wife and I have Android Motorola phones with two different Chrysler products and have no issues connecting to either vehicle.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I too have the LG G3. I previously had a Windows Phone. I've had no issues with the G3 other than the Pandora app not displaying song information, which the Windows Phone had no problems doing. It just says my phone's name and if I get a Facebook notification while paired it then will display Facebook Pop until I switch sources. Ugh.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Hey killface0 go grab autoaudio from the playstore and enable it as a service. It will send the music info through unconnect for you :) I am using it and it works great (I haven't tried pandora but use it for spotify). I do have a question, why are you not using the pandora app in uconnect?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I sometimes have to turn off Bluetooth on my phone then turn it back on again, but for slightly different problems. Sometimes it will show that it is connected & playing, but the audio doesn't come through (likes it's muted). Frustrating, but it probably only happens 25-30% of the time.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey killface0 go grab autoaudio from the playstore and enable it as a service. It will send the music info through unconnect for you :) I am using it and it works great (I haven't tried pandora but use it for spotify). I do have a question, why are you not using the pandora app in uconnect?
Doesn't the Uconnect Pandora app cost extra $$$?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just to update, I unpaired uConnect from my phone. I also removed ALL the phones from my uConnect. I then re-added my phone to the uConnect again, still having the same issue. Still at a loss.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I work with android 4.4.4 and above for work and so far my uconnect seems to do pretty well with prototypes from HTC, Samsung, Motorola , Sony, Log devices.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Been having constant issues with trying to make calls with uconnect and android 4.4.2 on three different phones.... After tons of troubleshooting we finally reached a tech manager at uconnect which informed us they are having many compatibilty issues with version 4.4.2. and was quick to point out that the highest version they support is currently 4.3.... They've had 9 months to update compatibilty for 4.4.2 but have failed to do so
... We are negotiating with jeep now to figure out a compromise.....

·
Registered
59 Posts
My nexus 4 running 4.4.4 works great. I hate that I have to log into the the app every few days Chrysler should fix that.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Using a Nexus 5 with 4.4.4 and no problems. Hope you get yours fixed - it would also frustrate me a lot.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts