Dodge Durango Forum banner

41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can anyone help confirm if part number 68331635AF is the unit that has built in navigation along with the Android Auto/Car Play? I was not able to find the built in Nav when I tested the install, but the seller is adamant that it does have nav.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok media hub installed and Android Auto/Carplay working perfectly. Nothing was needed except the swap of the media hub (center console USB/SD card hub). The reason for the swap of the media hub is so that it can communicate with the phone and make Android Auto work. The radio itself was a plug and play - everything is color coded so its easy. I paid $950.00 for the Uconnect on ebay and the dealership ordered/installed the media hub for $230.00. Well worth the upgrade!! I will post pictures soon -

What was the part number for the media hub? I'm having some weird issues since I haven't swapped it out. The first UAQ unit I installed had some damage so I had the seller send me a clear one. But the old one worked fine with my stock 2017 media hub including using Android Auto. The new one is a newer model and doesn't bring Android auto up at all, nor is it visible in the apps.

·
Registered
441 Posts
where are the ones that are doing the switch getting the unites? Ebay? Also you doing dodge durango only units or Charger/challenger/ram/jeep ones?

·
Registered
27 Posts
So after reading this thread (and not fully understanding everything), can someone dumb it down for me? I've got a 2017 GT with Beats audio and NAV currently. I see Dodge now includes carplay for 2018. To get this functionality on my 2017 I'd have to actually replace the head unit in addition to the media hub? Or can I just replace the media hub? Or better yet, just update the software?

·
Registered
441 Posts
So after reading this thread (and not fully understanding everything), can someone dumb it down for me? I've got a 2017 GT with Beats audio and NAV currently. I see Dodge now includes carplay for 2018. To get this functionality on my 2017 I'd have to actually replace the head unit in addition to the media hub? Or can I just replace the media hub? Or better yet, just update the software?
Replace radio and media hub.

--
2017 Dodge Durango AWD R/T Granite Blacktop

Performance
SRT Air Box, K&N Intake Tube, K&N Filter, Fastman 86mm TB, Ported Intake Manifold, 180° Thermostat, Billet Tech Catch Can, Corsa Catback, Grocery Getter Strut Brace, Diablosport Trinity, Jay Greene PCM/TCM Tune

Appearance/Interior
Performance Hood, Gorilla Black Lugs, Luxe Taillight Tint, Front Windows 15% Ceramic Tint, Yellow Fog Lights, Weather Tech Floor Liners, Mopar Grille Emblem, Steering Wheel AUX Buttons, Tazer

DiabloSport Trinity Times 0-60 5.17, 1/4 13.77

·
Registered
118 Posts
where are the ones that are doing the switch getting the unites? Ebay? Also you doing dodge durango only units or Charger/challenger/ram/jeep ones?
I got mine from ebay. That's probably the only place to find it right now. infotainment .com does not have one at this time. I read somewhere others claim that other 4Cs for the charger, challenger, jeep, etc would work. Sounds too easy imo. There's probably a reason why the units selling on ebay and that other website are specifying which radios are for which cars. They already told me that the jeep GC radio is not compatible with the Durango. Why that is, I don't know.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
441 Posts
I got mine from ebay. That's probably the only place to find it right now. infotainment .com does not have one at this time. I read somewhere others claim that other 4Cs for the charger, challenger, jeep, etc would work. Sounds too easy imo. There's probably a reason why the units selling on ebay and that other website are specifying which radios are for which cars. They already told me that the jeep GC radio is not compatible with the Durango. Why that is, I don't know.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
The Jeep doesn’t have the 3rd row so you would lose the rear headrest fold function. Unless you could flash the radio for different vehicles your stuck with matching.

--

Performance
SRT Air Box, K&N Intake Tube, K&N Filter, Fastman 86mm TB, Ported Intake Manifold, 180° Thermostat, Billet Tech Catch Can, Corsa Catback, Grocery Getter Strut Brace, Diablosport Trinity, Jay Greene PCM/TCM Tune

Appearance/Interior
Performance Hood, Gorilla Black Lugs, Luxe Taillight Tint, Front Windows 15% Ceramic Tint, Yellow Fog Lights, Weather Tech Floor Liners, Mopar Grille Emblem, Steering Wheel AUX Buttons, Tazer

·
Registered
149 Posts
The Jeep doesn’t have the 3rd row so you would lose the rear headrest fold function. Unless you could flash the radio for different vehicles your stuck with matching.

--

Performance

Appearance/Interior

It’s the mounting holes that are different. The Jeep and Ram UAQ radios are interchangeable from what I’ve read on the Jeep forums (they have the same part number). These units learn/interface with whatever model automobile they hook up to, hence the Ram and Jeep radios working between them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I can confirm the unit learns what kind of car it’s in. I just got my new radio off of eBay a few days ago and it was listed as a factory Durango unit. When I went to move my SiriusXM subscription I was told the radio was still subscribed to a ‘17 Dodge Charger. However, the unit eventually picked up all of the Durango features primarily the headrest fold function so I can safely say the vehicle tells the unit what car it’s in and what features are on it. Also the part number for the media hub is 68323664AC.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Hey everyone! sorry for the long delay. I am not sure where everyone was getting there information from, but I installed a 2018 unit in my 2017 durango and switched out the media hub to a 2018 and it worked with zero issues.

I have since sold my Durango with all its sexy mods (hood/front facia.corsa exhaust) but kept the radio and media hub. If anyone is interested please pm me - they are still brand new - will post on ebay in the next few days. Selling for $1300.00 for the kit. I took me literally 10 minutes to install the head unit (plug and play) and 20 or so to switch out the media hub. The media hub needs to be switched out so it will translate the coding for Carplay and Android Auto to the head unit.

Its a def must have!! The upgraded radio/appearance - all of it is sweet. When I swapped back to the old before trading in my RT it was like going back in time.

Sean

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey everyone! sorry for the long delay. I am not sure where everyone was getting there information from, but I installed a 2018 unit in my 2017 durango and switched out the media hub to a 2018 and it worked with zero issues.

I have since sold my Durango with all its sexy mods (hood/front facia.corsa exhaust) but kept the radio and media hub. If anyone is interested please pm me - they are still brand new - will post on ebay in the next few days. Selling for $1300.00 for the kit. I took me literally 10 minutes to install the head unit (plug and play) and 20 or so to switch out the media hub. The media hub needs to be switched out so it will translate the coding for Carplay and Android Auto to the head unit.

Its a def must have!! The upgraded radio/appearance - all of it is sweet. When I swapped back to the old before trading in my RT it was like going back in time.

Sean
So....you're in C'ville.....I'm in Richmond. You recently traded in a Black '17 DDRT with the upgraded hood and front fascia and a Corsa exhaust. Pretty much a unicorn.

I recently bought a used Black '17 DDRT with the upgraded hood and front fascia and a Corsa exhaust. Pretty much a unicorn.

Same state..........Same vehicle? Did it have, say, 26k miles on it when you traded it in?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Anyone know of a how to video or want to post how to change the media hub on a pre 18 with the dial shifter? Infotainment has a YouTube video of swapping the UAQ on a 2018 with the new shifter which is stupid because the 2018s already come with Carplay. It'll be guys with the dial shifter making the swap.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I can confirm the unit learns what kind of car it’s in. I just got my new radio off of eBay a few days ago and it was listed as a factory Durango unit. When I went to move my SiriusXM subscription I was told the radio was still subscribed to a ‘17 Dodge Charger. However, the unit eventually picked up all of the Durango features primarily the headrest fold function so I can safely say the vehicle tells the unit what car it’s in and what features are on it. Also the part number for the media hub is 68323664AC.
If that means UAQ units from 17+ Chargers work in our Durangos that would be awesome. There's a lot more used Charger model UAQs on ebay than Durango ones.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
So....you're in C'ville.....I'm in Richmond. You recently traded in a Black '17 DDRT with the upgraded hood and front fascia and a Corsa exhaust. Pretty much a unicorn.

I recently bought a used Black '17 DDRT with the upgraded hood and front fascia and a Corsa exhaust. Pretty much a unicorn.

Same state..........Same vehicle? Did it have, say, 26k miles on it when you traded it in?
What a small world it is - yes sir! that is/was my pride and joy!! (PEARSON)?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #60 (Edited)
miller4283, you DEF need this radio and USB hub I have :) ......have the weathertech floormats too :) I hope you are enjoying it. I took good care of her, she was not driven much for the first year - I also have MOPAR CAI still, if you want it all let me know. I actually regret trading her in - you got a GREAT deal on that thing!

Sean

41 - 60 of 77 Posts
About this Discussion
76 Replies
23 Participants
Stagestruck
Dodge Durango Forum
Welcome to the best Dodge Durango Forum around, where you can find a great Dodge Durango Wiki and discuss the reliability of the different trim levels including the GT and SRT!
Full Forum Listing