Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings!,

I had the dealership install a 2018 Uconnect that I purchased from a (crashed 2018 SRT) into my 2017 RT - It did not work and the dealership was cluless. Does anyone have any idea's? Should it work? The unit does power on as you see the dodge then it goes black and does nothing.......I know we have some smarter people out here than the dealership and DEF smarter than me! :)

Thank you for your thoughts and ideas'

Sean

·
Registered
403 Posts
I did have them order the media hub - but not sure they switched it out before they tried installing......that could be the magical difference?
I believe that is all that is needed for the Grand Cherokee and RAM UAQ swaps. Screen and hub and it should work.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe that is all that is needed for the Grand Cherokee and RAM UAQ swaps. Screen and hub and it should work.
I figured it would at least power up and the media hub was to insure proper communication for android auto etc......I will give it a try. I to my truck back swapped the radio myself - back up cam works and it does show the Dodge symbol when powering down.....seems like that is backwards. Otherwise its a blank screen.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I figured it would at least power up and the media hub was to insure proper communication for android auto etc......I will give it a try. I to my truck back swapped the radio myself - back up cam works and it does show the Dodge symbol when powering down.....seems like that is backwards. Otherwise its a blank screen.
Ok - I got it working, damn dealership did not plug it in all the way in the back.....just before I gave up, pushed it in a little better and poof - everything fired up. Imagine that. Media hub is needed for android auto....thats next!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Definitely post after the media hub swap, and see if Android Auto/CarPlay works.

How much did the used screen and hub set you back? Did you get it on eBay?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Defiantly keep us updated on if it’s fully functional with the hub. I would love to do this in my 2017.

I wonder if once the guy that does the tazer cracks the 2018 SRT pages if they would work in the 2017 with this radio.
--
2017 Dodge Durango AWD R/T Granite Blacktop

Performance
SRT Air Box, K&N Intake Tube, K&N Filter, Fastman 86mm TB, Ported Intake Manifold, 180° Thermostat, Billet Tech Catch Can, Corsa Catback, Grocery Getter Strut Brace, Diablosport Trinity, Jay Greene PCM/TCM Tune

Appearance/Interior
SRT Hood, Gorilla Black Lugs, Luxe Taillight Tint, Front Windows 15% Ceramic Tint, Yellow Fog Lights, Weather Tech Floor Liners, Mopar Grille Emblem, Steering Wheel AUX Buttons, Tazer

DiabloSport Trinity Times 0-60 5.17, 1/4 13.77

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I should have the media hub installed this week - will update everyone once its done. The newer radio is 10X than the older version IMO. Sleeker and the NAV is much more responsive.....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Definitely post after the media hub swap, and see if Android Auto/CarPlay works.

How much did the used screen and hub set you back? Did you get it on eBay?
Purchased the screen off of Ebay for $950.00 - it was brand new off a "damaged" SRT. Peeled the stickers off myself. Ordered the 2018 media hub from the dealership, thinking they said $150.00. All in all not bad especially if the Android auto/Car play work. It took me less than 15 minutes to install the radio.....and I am not genius when it comes to this stuff!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Does the usb port still work for music?

--

Performance
SRT Air Box, K&N Intake Tube, K&N Filter, Fastman 86mm TB, Ported Intake Manifold, 180° Thermostat, Billet Tech Catch Can, Corsa Catback, Grocery Getter Strut Brace, Diablosport Trinity, Jay Greene PCM/TCM Tune

Appearance/Interior
SRT Hood, Gorilla Black Lugs, Luxe Taillight Tint, Front Windows 15% Ceramic Tint, Yellow Fog Lights, Weather Tech Floor Liners, Mopar Grille Emblem, Steering Wheel AUX Buttons, Tazer

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Does the usb port still work for music?

--

Performance

Appearance/Interior

I will double check that as use Sirrius 99% of the time or connect w/blutooth.

·
Registered
441 Posts
We have a 64gb usb drive we use in it for the kiddos music. Other than that we use XM

--

Performance

Appearance/Interior

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Did you need to update your account to reactivate? Or was that automatic?
It was a 15 minute swap that I did myself and eveything was 100% functional. Had to put the radio to "sleep" once to so the computer could tell it what features it had etc. Its a great radio over 2017 - models. I am getting the USB installed tomorrow so hopefully that will cure the Android Auto/Carplay issue - keep you posted. NOTE: If you have XM you will need to move your account to the radio if it doesn't have it - I was lucky - the one I have still has the "1 year" XM on it as it was in a brand new ride that it came out of.

·
Registered
403 Posts
How do you put the radio to sleep? Looking at the wiring, it appears that 52 pin connector on the radio is the same, as is the media hub connector. Should be a straight swap for any 14+, so if your android auto/CarPlay works then it’s going to be my next mod.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
About this Discussion
76 Replies
23 Participants
Stagestruck
Dodge Durango Forum
Welcome to the best Dodge Durango Forum around, where you can find a great Dodge Durango Wiki and discuss the reliability of the different trim levels including the GT and SRT!
Full Forum Listing