Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Durango Hellcat
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up Ya'll, I recently just traded in my 2018 DSRT (which had a full Video In Motion/Nav Bypass on her. I took it out before I gave her up just so I didn't hear about warranty issues. It's all plug and play and who know's what I'll do with it now but I received my DDHC two weeks ago (Black on Black), I've already started putting my touch to the new girl friend (its the closest thing to a girl friend the wife will let me get away with) like 2.5% tint all around, 1000K of three subs in the back (factory Uconnect system used), GPS installed, VIN covered and the coolest Kill Switch you've ever seen (takes holding three factory buttons at the same time to turn her on...... Got to be able to find the button, right??? Anyway, what I can't find yet is a company that offers the Video-In-Motion Bypass..... Anyone heard anything?

·
Registered
162 Posts
What does the video in motion bypass do?
I believe it allows you to play videos while the vehicle is in motion. So you can watch videos on the nav screen while driving. Some people use it for the kids or the front passenger, but I'm pretty sure it is illegal in many states. Here in Virginia the police can pull you over if they see video running within view of the driver (even on a smartphone) - with no other offense needed. A conviction for watching television or motion pictures while driving is apparently considered a moving violation and is a 3-point offense for DMV purposes and carries a maximum fine of $250.

·
Registered
82 Posts
In some of my other cars i had something similar to the video in motion. I wouldn't use it to play YouTube while i was driving but it was nice to have.I could access any option that required the vehicle to be parked before showing. I wonder if this sort of thing on the U5 will let the system think its parked while you drive it opening it all up.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I really don’t understand why people do this kind of thing. Adding all kinds of random electronics to a rare truck, then doing some illegal shit so you can watch TV while driving.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I believe it allows you to play videos while the vehicle is in motion. So you can watch videos on the nav screen while driving. Some people use it for the kids or the front passenger, but I'm pretty sure it is illegal in many states. Here in Virginia the police can pull you over if they see video running within view of the driver (even on a smartphone) - with no other offense needed. A conviction for watching television or motion pictures while driving is apparently considered a moving violation and is a 3-point offense for DMV purposes and carries a maximum fine of $250.
That would be one of the stupidest ways of spending your money. Even if you use it for other things the fact the temptation is there to one day "quickly" look at a video while you're driving, especially a vehicle like ours, is enough to say, not a good idea.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts