1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Destroyer Grey Dodge Durango GT +
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.
Sorry if I missed this on another post.

Have had my ‘21 GT for two months, bought it new, and only put 800 miles on it.

The Uconnect screen mysteriously went dark the other night and never came back.

The audio works (SiriusXM/radio) as do the steering wheel buttons, but the Uconnect screen does not display anything; not even the backup camera when shifted to reverse.

I tried a soft reset, but that failed and I cannot find which fuse is fir the Uconnect screen in the fuse box.

Has this happened to anyone else?
If so, how did you fix it?

Thank you.

I can’t believe how many problems have been reported here dealing with this Uconnect system. I sincerely hope that DDs are a lot more reliable than this.

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
Damn, sorry to read about your issue. Do you see anything when it boots up or when you reboot it, there is nothing but a blank screen?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damn, sorry to read about your issue. Do you see anything when it boots up or when you reboot it, there is nothing but a blank screen?
Thank you for the reply!

Right. Just a completely blank screen.
Nothing comes up at all. Not even the Dodge logo on ignition and no backup camera at all. Touching the screen does nothing, either.

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
bad thing, your screen is probably dead. Good thing, the screen is a separate module from the actual uconnect system meaning easy swap.
Take it to the dealer ASAP or disconnect your battery and wait 20 minutes (try to start vehicle when battery is off to drain residual voltage) then reconnect your battery and see what happens. If it still fails to display then yep, dealer here you come!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I very much appreciate your help and advice.
Thank you!

I will make an appointment at the dealership.

Very disappointed that the screen would fail so quickly. I liked the fact that Dodge puts in actual buttons for just such failures. Hope that these touchscreens and other systems will actually function properly in the Durango for a very long time to come.

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
I very much appreciate your help and advice.
Thank you!

I will make an appointment at the dealership.

Very disappointed that the screen would fail so quickly. I liked the fact that Dodge puts in actual buttons for just such failures. Hope that these touchscreens and other systems will actually function properly in the Durango for a very long time to come.

Yeah this is a fluke with a screen going dead like this.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Man, that’s terrible. And the earliest appointment the dealership would give me just to look at it is June 1st. Today is May 20th, just for the record.

Again. Thank you for your help.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
@DurangoGT+DG Did you try to disconnect the battery?

Also, can you try to have someone calling you while you are in your durango? If you can hear the phone ring in the vehicule, try to answer with the call button on the steering wheel. I've seen sometimes it can trigger the screen. Worth the try.

The uconnect/radio fuse in next to the battery under the passenger seat (20amp yellow) See picture.

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Bumper Vehicle

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you all so very much! I appreciate your great advice and help. This is really like a family.

I didn’t want to disconnect the battery if I could avoid it (afraid that something else may go wrong) and thank you so much for showing me where that fuse is! I never would have found it. The fuse box itself was no help and neither was the manual.

You’re right! The phone call is worth a try! Either way, I’m bringing the truck in to be fixed. These Uconnect issues are inexcusable. My Durango is only two months old!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Hey @DurangoGT+DG --

Thanks to @va-terps4 , your thread was brought to our attention. I'm sorry to hear about the concerns you've been experiencing with your Uconnect system so soon. However, I'm glad to see that you've taken proactive steps and are scheduled to visit a certified dealer in the upcoming days. I'd be more than happy to set you up with additional support alongside your dealership visit on June 1st. If you're interested in this, please send our team a private message at your earliest convenience!

Thanks to all of you for being an awesome community,

Courtney
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you. And thank you for letting me know that @va-terps4 took the time to bring my problem to your attention. That is incredible!

Yeah, I only joined up DodgeDurango.net when I officially became an owner two months ago.

The members are so generous, knowledgeable, and extremely helpful. I have only posted once and responded to another thread so far. Both times, members were so quick to respond and offer help that they have already tried and knew would work. I appreciate that care so much.

It is a big relief to know that Dodge has representatives keeping track of all of this and, hopefully, will make sure that all of these issues will be fixed so that the Durango will be a completely reliable SUV. Leave no room for the competition!

I also plan to share what happens on this thread to thank the good people who quickly responded to my problem and “pay it forward” to spare anyone else from ever having the same issue. Please tell me how to send you a direct message, too, so you/Dodge know how it goes.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Absolutely! Our team is always available if you have ANY questions or concerns pertaining to your vehicle or overall ownership experience. These forums are filled with a lot of really knowledgeable individuals and enthusiasts. We really appreciate the Dodge Brand community, for reasons exactly like this!

To send us a private message, you can simply scroll over our account handle @DodgeCares and select "Message". We'll be sure to get back to you as soon as we can!

Welcome to the Dodge Brand family, @DurangoGT+DG -- I think you'll like it here.

Courtney
Dodge Cares

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.