Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well had my Durango for 3 weeks...my radio started the "Device Not Compatable" blob pop up every 12 seconds rendering the radio and systems pretty useless...Uconnect downloaded updated software and now I still have a pop up blob and my front USB ports are out...took her to the mother ship and they advised they were ordering a new radio....it will be in 4 to 6 weeks !!!!! My frustration level hit nuclear..I will say the dealership peeps are great.. I think Dodge should at least send me a new hat. LOL...thanks for letting me vent..

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have UConnect issues with my iPhone 12. If I am plugged in and listening to the radio, any activity on my phone will cause the radio to try and switch to "media" mode and lock the radio up. This morning I was sitting at a redlight and was writing an email and it tried to switch and caused the radio to lock up. No matter what I did this morning, I could not fix the issue and drove to work for 30 minutes in silence.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have UConnect issues with my iPhone 12. If I am plugged in and listening to the radio, any activity on my phone will cause the radio to try and switch to "media" mode and lock the radio up. This morning I was sitting at a redlight and was writing an email and it tried to switch and caused the radio to lock up. No matter what I did this morning, I could not fix the issue and drove to work for 30 minutes in silence.
I did hear some aftermarket USB cables will cause your issue I heard you need MFI certified cables ...for Apple phones..hope that helps...

·
Registered
7 Posts
I did hear some aftermarket USB cables will cause your issue I heard you need MFI certified cables ...for Apple phones..hope that helps...
Just ran to walmart on my lunch break and bought a new Apple Cable and it seems to have done the trick. Although my older cable appeared to be an apple cable based on the way it was built, it was several years old and maybe it was just going bad.

The only thing I noticed was my YouTube app would still cause this issue, but I think it was beause of the "auto preview" being enabled on the home screen. Once I turned that off, it didn't do it anymore.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just ran to walmart on my lunch break and bought a new Apple Cable and it seems to have done the trick. Although my older cable appeared to be an apple cable based on the way it was built, it was several years old and maybe it was just going bad.

The only thing I noticed was my YouTube app would still cause this issue, but I think it was beause of the "auto preview" being enabled on the home screen. Once I turned that off, it didn't do it anymore.
Fantastic....glad it worked !!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts