@wvhemis I'm glad that you're overall liking your DDSRT. on the topic of the HK stereo, below is a post where we really dug into the EQ settings and what it does for the HK sound. the short version is once I set my EQ to Bass: -4 Midrange: +5 and Treble: +2 the HK really came to life.So this coming weekend we will have had our Durango for two months now and I wanted to share some of our likes and dislikes.
- The ride is pretty good (nice actually) you know you have an SRT suspension under you as it will transmit rough roads but the trade-off for the planted feeling is worth it.
- The power, yep I know it is not an HCDD but still the 392 can move you through traffic with authority. The 8-speed is a big upgrade over the NAG5 we had in the 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8.
- Most of the technology is pretty good as well. We had Adaptive Cruise, Lane Change and Cross Path, and Emergency Braking in the GC SRT but the addition of lane change assist and better parking technology are welcome additions.
- Additional space with three-row seating is a welcome addition
Conclusion; As some of you know when the build for our 2022 DDSRT got into the 9th & 10th month I really started having second thoughts on if we should buy this or move on to something else. Now that we have had it for the first 60 days I am happy we stuck it out. We placed our order with Koon's on 03/17/2022 and took delivery on 01/27/2023, so almost 11 months. There are rumors that the 5.7 DD and 6.4 DD are going to survive into 2024 but I don't know how the new body on frame is going to compare to our uni-body design. It may in fact be an upgrade but only time will tell.
- No puddle lights... what the heck our 2012 GC had these I can't believe a SUV 10 years newer does not have these
- The wonky parts of the FU connect can be annoying, the wife lost her voice command for the phone and she has not had the time to problem solve the issue
- Interior lighting leaves a little to be desired could be brighter
- HK Stereo does not seem to be as good as it was in the GC. I have not taken the time to dig into this so maybe with some time spent working on the system I can make it better. The bass does not seem to have the power we had in the GC
- No locking fuel door sucks, the push to release is a PITA
- Loss of the spare tire was a huge disappointment with no rebate and I paid for the stupid thing I want my spare tire!! Now I am going to have to pay out of my own pocket to get one.
- No option for HUD, 360 camera is a bummer but we can live without it.
lots more details in the posts. the really important setting is the Midrange: +5. some members agreed with me on the sound, some didn't agree. I encourage you to read over the posts and use those EQ settings as a start and then tune to your personal preference.
Harman Kardon correct EQ settings (Alpine also) - try these