Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a used '13 R/T and already love it. I'd like recommendations from folks on the best tuner and CAI combo I can get. I don't plan on doing anything else with the exhaust, so just these two mods.

I would also prefer a tuner that allows me to set back to factory before taking in for service.

thank you very much in advance!!

·
Administrator
28,307 Posts
Diablo Tuner and either an AFE, Volant or Mopar CAI will do the trick
STEVE

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Steve for the quick response! Is there a particular Diablo tuner you recommend? I have read about needing to buy custom tunes as stock ones are useless? And what should one consider on the CAI? Do you have a preference for one the ones you suggested? Thanks again!!

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Volant has a sort of "modified stock" look to it, the AFE and mopar look like normal cai's. I love my mopar CAI, awesome throaty noise when you let it loose but otherwise quiet. I believe the AFE will out flow the volant and mopar by a very tiny amount, but you won't be anywhere near the ceiling of the 3 he suggested with just a tune.

I say Mopar, dealership can't really yell about it then. Plus the blue cone filter looks good.

As for the tuners, I'll be buying a hemifever Intune i2 for mine. There's a huge thread on where to get all the parts and a few other tuners.

·
Administrator
28,307 Posts
I like the Diablo Trinity, but the intune is great as well
STEVE

1 - 6 of 6 Posts