Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Why would FCA invest in a 6.2l Supercharged Durango when they can't even sell all their 6.2l Supercharged Jeeps?

There are still a lot of 2018 leftover New Jeep Trackhawks sitting on Dealership lots with big discounts. Not too many people willing to pay $90K for a 700 hp SUV that loses $20K depreciation in the first year.

But, if FCA was to announce the new 2021 Dodge Durango Hellcat starting at MSRP of $65K, I would seriously consider it. ;)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Will anyone be trading in their DDSRT for the new 2021 Dodge Durango Hellcat when it gets released????
I'd like to see it released, but doubting it would be any more popular than the Trackhawk. It would probably look nicer than the Jeep but they'd need more power to make up for the additional weight of the DD over the Jeep. The one-off had more power, but just seems doubtful that prototype goes to production.

·
Registered
263 Posts
One big reason why I liked the SRT was the 8700 pound towing capacity. I tow around 7500 periodically, and don't want to exceed rated capacity.....

The Jeep Trackhawk is only rated for 7000. If there ever is a DDHellcat or whatever, the towing capacity will be a concern.

Oh, yeah, and a $90K+ MSRP for an FCA SUV is another issue.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Where are all these alleged left over Trackhawks? My dealer claims not to be able to find one. 19s yes. Discounted 18s, nope.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Where are all these alleged left over Trackhawks? My dealer claims not to be able to find one. 19s yes. Discounted 18s, nope.

I would suggest you find a new dealer. lol

Click link below for an example. There are others if you look.

·
Registered
217 Posts
52 units across the entire country it seeems like? I’d hardly call that a backlog.
The entire country does not post their vehicles exclusively on Autotrader, which is the only link I posted. That's (52) new leftover 2018 Trackhawks on Autotrader alone.
There are many other sites to search like eBay, Cars.com, CarGurus, Carmax, Truecar, Carvana, Vroom and Craigslist just to name a few.
I do not know how many you would consider a "backlog" but I can guarantee you there are many more than (52) new 2018 Trackhawks still for sale across this country.

·
Registered
102 Posts
The entire country does not post their vehicles exclusively on Autotrader, which is the only link I posted. That's (52) new leftover 2018 Trackhawks on Autotrader alone.
There are many other sites to search like eBay, Cars.com, CarGurus, Carmax, Truecar, Carvana, Vroom and Craigslist just to name a few.
I do not know how many you would consider a "backlog" but I can guarantee you there are many more than (52) new 2018 Trackhawks still for sale across this country.

You’re right I didn’t realize those were 2018s, and definitely there are many more than what are listed. I read they produced 5000+ in 2018 and only 588 in 2019.

·
Registered
217 Posts
You can tell by the huge incentives / discounts that the Dealerships are really trying to get rid of these leftovers. I have seen some with over $15K off MSRP.

I wish I could have got that kind of discount when I purchased my DDSRT. :(

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You can tell by the huge incentives / discounts that the Dealerships are really trying to get rid of these leftovers. I have seen some with over $15K off MSRP.

I wish I could have got that kind of discount when I purchased my DDSRT. :(

I wish I would've gotten a Trackhawk

·
Registered
457 Posts
You’re right I didn’t realize those were 2018s, and definitely there are many more than what are listed. I read they produced 5000+ in 2018 and only 588 in 2019.
They produced over 7000 in 2018 compared to only 4000 Durango SRT’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
217 Posts
They may be listed as new. But did you notice the mileage on them?
I did notice that. Some of those vehicles have miles on them from being demo vehicles, or using them as a loaner vehicle, for example: customers that are having their Trackhawks worked on.
Or it could be because of someone like the GM, sales manager or service manager, using them as their personal vehicle. These are the ones that have more miles on them.
From what I have read, as long as the vehicle has not been titled, they can still legally sell them as new.

I have also discovered that you better look closely if your looking at a used vehicle that is several thousand dollars below KBB. There is usually a reason for it and I have noticed it is not always disclosed in the Ad.
There were several used Trackhawks that I inquired about due to their low price, only to find out they were "buy back" vehicles or "lemon law" vehicles that had been fixed. These vehicles, a lot of times do not come with the factory warranty or qualify for buyback protection and unless you inquire about it, the sales staff may "accidentally" forget to tell you about it until your signing the paperwork.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I did notice that. Some of those vehicles have miles on them from being demo vehicles, or using them as a loaner vehicle, for example: customers that are having their Trackhawks worked on.
Or it could be because of someone like the GM, sales manager or service manager, using them as their personal vehicle. These are the ones that have more miles on them.
From what I have read, as long as the vehicle has not been titled, they can still legally sell them as new.

I have also discovered that you better look closely if your looking at a used vehicle that is several thousand dollars below KBB. There is usually a reason for it and I have noticed it is not always disclosed in the Ad.
There were several used Trackhawks that I inquired about due to their low price, only to find out they were "buy back" vehicles or "lemon law" vehicles that had been fixed. These vehicles, a lot of times do not come with the factory warranty or qualify for buyback protection and unless you inquire about it, the sales staff may "accidentally" forget to tell you about it until your signing the paperwork.

Kind of contradictory then, isn't it? Not really a backlog if several of those vehicles were originally purchased and then returned due to issues.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Kind of contradictory then, isn't it? Not really a backlog if several of those vehicles were originally purchased and then returned due to issues.

The vehicles that have been sold and titled and then returned as a buy back or lemon law can only be sold as Used.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Does it make a difference. If dodge was releasing it for 2021 we would have heard about it by now and it would probably be shown at one of the up coming car shows during the summer. If they were to actually release it, we will hear more at the end of the year and then see something next summer, probable availability would be beginning of 2022.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Booky
I looked at your list of so called New left overs- all are used vehicles - selling vehicle as new with 4500 plus miles? Its false advertisement! I wonder how much of those 4500 were running down drag strips!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts