Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I have not been around due to the fact I traded in the Durango R/T. I got a 2020 Charger Scat Pack and I love it.
What's nice and why I'm posting again is that I got more then usual for my trade as dealers need used cars especially if they are in tip top condition.
Mine was mint 34k on the clock and nicely loaded. I was leasing it and got a few grand extra for it. They paid off the 2 remaining payments, they gave me money towards my new purchase and they didn't lease return it they purchased it as it was one of the very cleanest nicest condition Durango's they have ever seen. I took extremely good care of it and it barely showed any wear.
So why I didn't get a new Durango is the fact they are not hitting the lots till next year. They are a few months out and I didn't want to get down to the end of my lease and then have to wait for mine to come it. I was going to get a Tow and Go package and load it up like mine was BUT I have been wanting a car for a very long time as honestly I'm kinda over driving SUV's even one as cool as the Durango was.
I'll be honestly, I do however miss the Durango on many different levels and there are things about the Durango I just liked better. I got a Charger over a Challenger as the Challenger didn't give me most of the things I have been use to and like with a SUV. The Charger is 4 doors and very practical but with a 392 Engine which is a HUGE step up from the 5.7L in the Durango. It's silly powerful and I have been really paying attention to the break in guide lines Dodge laid out for properly breaking in a 6.4L SRT powered engine.
So guys I loved being in here, everyone has been great. I'll probably pop in once in a while to say hi and check out what's going on with the Durango world. Especially after 2021's hit the market and I know many of you guys are gonna get one.
Good luck all my Fellow Durango owners , I'll be over in the Charger forum .

Thanks for all your help guidance and awesome conversations, what a great bunch of people in here.

·
Premium Member
3,521 Posts
Mantis:
Congrats on the new Scat Pack. I also frequent both forums being a Durango and Charger owner.
Don't be a stranger.

Don

Reactions: mantis

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Congrats to you....but I'm not a fan. I test drove one to replace my 300C...but there's less headroom in the back seat, the interior is too sparse and frankly I thought I'd love the rumble of the 6.4, but it grew old fast especially when cruising on the highway. Needs a exhaust noise switch so you can cruise quietly when you want to listed to talk radio IMO. Though now having hit 50, I'm probably not the target market...though I'd love a Chally...it just looks the part better than the Charger.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Mantis, you have been a great asset to this Forum, congrats on your new acquisition, and hope to see you pop in again.

Preben

Reactions: mantis

·
Registered
133 Posts
Congrats to you....but I'm not a fan. I test drove one to replace my 300C...but there's less headroom in the back seat, the interior is too sparse and frankly I thought I'd love the rumble of the 6.4, but it grew old fast especially when cruising on the highway. Needs a exhaust noise switch so you can cruise quietly when you want to listed to talk radio IMO. Though now having hit 50, I'm probably not the target market...though I'd love a Chally...it just looks the part better than the Charger.
They should have kept the Magnum! I have one and it is awesome! A 392 would only make it better.... Maybe someday when I'm rich

1949 International KB2 "Mater" 302/T5

1968 Dodge Dart GTS "The Drat", 340/727

2006 Dodge Magnum R/T the "Wagnum", 5.7/auto

2016 Dodge Durango Limited, 3.6/auto

Reactions: Chase300

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V6
1,479 Posts
Someone say Magnum? SRT!

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mantis, you have been a great asset to this Forum, congrats on your new acquisition, and hope to see you pop in again.

Preben
LOL i hit 50 as well and I welcome the rumble the raw power and the ever so fun ride. The 300 is a nice looking car ad I like the Interior layout. I had one when my Durango was in he shop getting Inspected.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Preben
Thanks man. I'll pop in and out here and there. I think this is a great bunch of people to hang out with and talk shop.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Congratulations on your new C!

Question - Does the paper work for the buy out of your lease state the dealer will take care of your remaining lease payment?
My first lease will be over next March and I am exploring my options.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My dealer paid my last 2 lease payments, paid the lease return fees and then purchased my Durango then gave me money for my trade in. I had only 34k on it and it was in perfect shape, no scratches no dents no stains or wear of any kind in the interior, the paint was flawless and Ceramic Coated. I always used toppers on it and kept it in the garage.
My wheels looked brand new and they where Black Top models.

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V6
1,479 Posts
Don't be a stranger !!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hello everyone,
I have not been around due to the fact I traded in the Durango R/T. I got a 2020 Charger Scat Pack and I love it.
What's nice and why I'm posting again is that I got more then usual for my trade as dealers need used cars especially if they are in tip top condition.
Mine was mint 34k on the clock and nicely loaded. I was leasing it and got a few grand extra for it. They paid off the 2 remaining payments, they gave me money towards my new purchase and they didn't lease return it they purchased it as it was one of the very cleanest nicest condition Durango's they have ever seen. I took extremely good care of it and it barely showed any wear.
So why I didn't get a new Durango is the fact they are not hitting the lots till next year. They are a few months out and I didn't want to get down to the end of my lease and then have to wait for mine to come it. I was going to get a Tow and Go package and load it up like mine was BUT I have been wanting a car for a very long time as honestly I'm kinda over driving SUV's even one as cool as the Durango was.
I'll be honestly, I do however miss the Durango on many different levels and there are things about the Durango I just liked better. I got a Charger over a Challenger as the Challenger didn't give me most of the things I have been use to and like with a SUV. The Charger is 4 doors and very practical but with a 392 Engine which is a HUGE step up from the 5.7L in the Durango. It's silly powerful and I have been really paying attention to the break in guide lines Dodge laid out for properly breaking in a 6.4L SRT powered engine.
So guys I loved being in here, everyone has been great. I'll probably pop in once in a while to say hi and check out what's going on with the Durango world. Especially after 2021's hit the market and I know many of you guys are gonna get one.

Thanks for all your help guidance and awesome conversations, what a great bunch of people in here.

We had a '13 Charger R/T Plus and loved the ride and creature comforts ... heated/cooled cup holders, heated rear seats, adjustable pedals, etc. And, it got 26-27 mpg on the highway running 77-80. It was my wife's daily driver from '13 till end of '16 when she got her '17 Durango R/T. Then I drove the Charger all of '17 until I got my Challenger. I love the styling of the current Charger models.

"....... Though now having hit 50, I'm probably not the target market...though I'd love a Chally...it just looks the part better than the Charger.
Hey ... if you want a Challenger ... get one! I'm 61 and drive a '15 Challenger SRT 6-speed. It puts a smile on my face every time I hit the red button!

·
Registered
744 Posts
Congrats on the new ride , but seriously?! No pictures?!?!?!

Chris

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hello everyone,

wow and congrats. I've had 4 scat packs they are great. I hope to see you in the scatpack forums! what did you get exactly? color, wb, etc? I have a durango on order but am seriously considering going back to get another scat lol... so hard to resist that glorious 392....

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Congrats on the new ride , but seriously?! No pictures?!?!?!

Chris
Sorry I got you.

I didn't let the dealership touch it other then take it off the truck and do a new car inspection on it. I took it from there with all the plastic on the inside and stickers all over the windows. I'm completely fussy with the extreme care of my paints finish so I prefer no one touch it.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts