Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently noticed the TPMS tire pressure numbers on two tires randomly switch between correct value, then to 254 sometimes to 0 and flashing then again to correct pressure. I have scanned the sensor with a Autel scanner and it shows the correct pressure, heat and information of the tire sensor on the Autel that scanner does not show any low batteries on any of the sensors. Could it be my TPMS module going crazy ? Dealer visit to recalibrate it ? Or swap it out with a new module and get it reprogrammed? Just wanted to see if anyone else had similar issues and what was the fix. Also it usually happens on both left side wheels front and rear alot and I think once it happened on the right rear wheel too.
20200726_195644.jpg
20200726_195909.jpg
20200726_200024.jpg

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V6
1,152 Posts
Looks like you have a 2011-2013 Durango judging by the dash EVIC pictures/gauges. Most likely the batteries in the TPMS are dying. Typical life is around 7 years for them. The other 2 will most likely be crapping out shortly after. Head on over to RockAuto and buy some new ones discounted and have a local tire shop install them.

They have Mopar TPMS along with Schrader and Denso which both work fine. From $23.9 to $77.89 ea depending on the type of wheel you have on there.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like you have a 2011-2013 Durango judging by the dash EVIC pictures/gauges. Most likely the batteries in the TPMS are dying. Typical life is around 7 years for them. The other 2 will most likely be crapping out shortly after. Head on over to RockAuto and buy some new ones discounted and have a local tire shop install them.

They have Mopar TPMS along with Schrader and Denso which both work fine. From $23.9 to $77.89 ea depending on the type of wheel you have on there.

Thanks @DuRonbo. Yes that's what i was thinking as well. A set of Schrader sensors are on the way. The one time i didn't think ahead when i got a new set of tires last fall. :confused:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts