Dodge Durango Forum banner
61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
They just show how money hungry they are, the vehicle has had no major changes and the msrp has increased every two years. From $38k to 2018 mine was $42k and now they are over $50k, literally new headlights, bumper, spoiler, wheels and a slightly updated interior. But essentially the same exact vehicle.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I just noticed this today on our 2018 citadel after cleaning the inside. It’s starting in the upper left corner just as many posters said. I do have extended warranty through November of 2023 so I should be good on bumper to bumper. The dealer I bought from is 2 hours away though so I will have to go with a dealer around here. Will see how they treat me. It has been having an intermittent freezing issue the last several months. But that is VERY sporadic. Otherwise it works fine. Here’s a pic
Automotive lighting Automotive design Gadget Automotive exterior Vehicle door

·
Registered
13 Posts
2018 GT, just noticed my screen started doing this in the upper left corner in the last few weeks. Thought maybe I was seeing things but just discovered this thread and I see maybe I'm not (completely) crazy.

·
Registered
2014 Durango RT 392
1,222 Posts
Damn… What a bunch of cry babies some of you are. You asked and they said no. Just move on and fix it yourself or don’t. Don’t buy another Dodge if that makes you happy, but stop whinnying. Everyone thinks they’ve been done wrong when something breaks. Just suck it up and fix it. It only cost $130 or a little more to get a replacement screen and it only takes 30 minutes or so to replace it. There’s lots of videos on YouTube and it doesn’t take a genus to do it. You probably spend as much eating out every month so don’t say you can’t afford it. I have a 2018 Ram in addition to the Durango and it has the same issue. I realize that my warranty has expired… so I know the deal, it’s on me now. Not gonna cry or worry myself. Just gonna get a new screen and fix it. You all can choose to scream and yell at Dodge if you want, but your screen will still be broke. Mine on the other hand will work just fine and my sanity will be intact.😊

·
Registered
4 Posts
Damn… What a bunch of cry babies some of you are. You asked and they said no. Just move on and fix it yourself or don’t. Don’t buy another Dodge if that makes you happy, but stop whinnying. Everyone thinks they’ve been done wrong when something breaks. Just suck it up and fix it. It only cost $130 or a little more to get a replacement screen and it only takes 30 minutes or so to replace it. There’s lots of videos on YouTube and it doesn’t take a genus to do it. You probably spend as much eating out every month so don’t say you can’t afford it. I have a 2018 Ram in addition to the Durango and it has the same issue. I realize that my warranty has expired… so I know the deal, it’s on me now. Not gonna cry or worry myself. Just gonna get a new screen and fix it. You all can choose to scream and yell at Dodge if you want, but your screen will still be broke. Mine on the other hand will work just fine and my sanity will be intact.😊
Funny you are calling others cry babies. When you spend 50k or more on a car you expect more from the company you bought it from. Not sure where you are seeing a replacement screen for $130.00 but instead of criticizing others for being upset over something that people should be upset about you should instead post where you saw a screen replacement for that price. I just came back from a local dealership that quoted me $2,200. If companies are never held responsible for the quality of stuff they put out then they will continue to make junk.

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
1,401 Posts
Thanks for joining just to complain about a post.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Funny you are calling others cry babies. When you spend 50k or more on a car you expect more from the company you bought it from. Not sure where you are seeing a replacement screen for $130.00 but instead of criticizing others for being upset over something that people should be upset about you should instead post where you saw a screen replacement for that price. I just came back from a local dealership that quoted me $2,200. If companies are never held responsible for the quality of stuff they put out then they will continue to make junk.
Agreed👍

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for joining just to complain about a post.
Didn't just join to complain... Unlike others who I guess get enjoyment in posting there opinions that aren't beneficial to the discussion, I joined to get help and find others with the same problem as mine to see if by working together we can actually get something resolved.

·
Registered
2014 Durango RT 392
1,222 Posts
That is funny. You can get just the screen, the “Digitizer “ for $130. Not the whole unit. You can also get the full screen for about $400. Again, not the whole unit. Either way, I’m sure it would probably be more than you could handle. So please continue to complain and see how far it gets you. Some people are doers, and some are talkers, it takes all kinds. Good day.

·
Registered
2018 Durango R/T
6 Posts
My ‘18 R/T is also exhibiting delamination from left to right roughly through the top of the radio presets. Being a 2nd owner (purchase from a CDJR dealer) I’m not optimistic for a covered repair given the previous replies despite only having 22k miles on the vehicle. :(

·
Registered
481 Posts
I posted earlier. I got an appointment with dealer to have them look at it and verify and order replacement. The service manager said it should all be good since I got a mopar extended warranty. So I’m not anticipating any problem with getting it replaced. I go next Wednesday. As a side note, this is not the dealer I bought it from, that dealer is 2 hours away from where we live, however this is a local (15 minutes away) small town dealer with good reputation. He said after they record all the info from the vehicle in the system and get the replacement ordered the timeframe for it to come in has been about 2-6 weeks.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Went to dealer this morning. As expected no issues. They are ordering a new radio and said the cost would just be the 100 dollar deductible on my extended warranty.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got a 2018 Durango R/T with the 8.4" touch screen. Noticed a few weeks back that the screen has started to delaminate in the upper left corner and is slowly working it's way across the top of the screen. Anyone else getting this? Looks like a bubble under the screen surface. I did a search of this forum and didn't find anything. The Charger and Ram forums have a lot to say on it, but sure seems like a defect with the radio and not necessarily the vehicle it's installed in. And if you're out of warranty (and I am-54k miles) you're screwed to the tune of $1500 or more, with no guarantee that it'll last any longer than the original did.
Literally my 2018 Durango GT screen just did this across the whole top on the screen once it started getting cold. I’m disgusted. It makes the “fix the clock” button glitch and is impossible to use now. What are the options?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Literally my 2018 Durango GT screen just did this across the whole top on the screen once it started getting cold. I’m disgusted. It makes the “fix the clock” button glitch and is impossible to use now. What are the options?
You have a few options. Tony H posted so kindly on here that you can replace the digitizer or replace the screen which will run you about $650.00. After researching some more my husband pulled the radio out and using a blow dryer and fishing line he removed the digitizer. What we found was that from the factory there is a VERY sticky gel in between the screen and digitizer that leaks out over time which is what is causing the delamination. He removed it and cleaned it using 91% isopropyl alcohol and a few microfiber towels ( do not use paper towels or anything abrasive). After cleaning it all back up he put everything back together and installed it into the car. The screen looks great and everything is working like it should. There are a few videos on YouTube that show you how to do it.

The only reason we chose to try this first is because the digitizer's you buy on eBay or amazon do not come with any of the sticky gel so we just decided to try this and if it didn't work then we would decide what to do next. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Yes, this was a great help! I took out my radio and cleaned that awful goo between the digitizer and screen and viola! It works good as new for the grand total cost of...zip, zero, nada! Ok, well maybe a few bucks for rubbing alcohol and microfiber towels. Much better than the stealer's $1600, or even the $600 I was about to pay for the LCD screen. May still eventually get a new digitizer because the old one has three years of use, with last year being rather rough because ot all the ticked off screen punches when it would start to ghost touch. Shame on Dodge and LG for the crappy product support. This goo was everywhere when I took my radio out. The Hands on Gang did a great Youtube video of how to clean up the mess and make it all work again.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Good to know, I never did update but I did get a brand new unit put in before Christmas just paying the hundred dollar deductible on the extended mopar warranty. So I went that route because I figured $100 for a whole brand new unit was definitely worth it. But if this ever happens when I am out of warranty then it is good to know it can be cleaned up and fixed without too much trouble.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Window Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire
2018 RT. 32k miles, out of factory warranty due to 3 years old. This started happening. Been emailing Dodge and they basically told me “not a known issue” and “we can’t help you since your out of warranty.” I politely provided the link to this thread and even a Facebook group that was created with multiple examples
Of this “not a known issue.” Goes to the dealership next thursday. I hope they can help me otherwise I’m buying it myself on eBay and replacing it myself.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Yes, this was a great help! I took out my radio and cleaned that awful goo between the digitizer and screen and viola! It works good as new for the grand total cost of...zip, zero, nada! Ok, well maybe a few bucks for rubbing alcohol and microfiber towels. Much better than the stealer's $1600, or even the $600 I was about to pay for the LCD screen. May still eventually get a new digitizer because the old one has three years of use, with last year being rather rough because ot all the ticked off screen punches when it would start to ghost touch. Shame on Dodge and LG for the crappy product support. This goo was everywhere when I took my radio out. The Hands on Gang did a great Youtube video of how to clean up the mess and make it all work again.
How did he get the digitalizer back on if there is. I glue?

61 - 80 of 84 Posts