Dodge Durango Forum banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
2018 SRT with ~22k and the top of the screen is delaminating. My wife's vehicle and we bought it used in June. I haven't been driving it much so didn't know about it otherwise woulda brought it up to the selling dealership from the get go. Just tried called Dodge Cares and was told it was out of warranty, they would not assist with costs. 🤦‍♂️ Going to call a couple of the local dealerships servoce departments to see what they say.

·
Registered
33 Posts
2018 SRT with ~22k and the top of the screen is delaminating. My wife's vehicle and we bought it used in June. I haven't been driving it much so didn't know about it otherwise woulda brought it up to the selling dealership from the get go. Just tried called Dodge Cares and was told it was out of warranty, they would not assist with costs. 🤦‍♂️ Going to call a couple of the local dealerships servoce departments to see what they say.
Well local dealer punted, service manager never heard of any issues, suggested I start a case with Dodge Cares, was quoted $575 parts alone from the parts department for a new unit with returning the old core (edit: which surely must be for the 7" screen gauging from the pricing on infotainment.com for a replacement 8.4"--$1,500).

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm absolutely heart broken. My 2018 Durango touch screen started glitching out and looked as if I was pushing different buttons. I later found out it was bc it was delaminating. It even tried calling 911 whenever I went into the apps. I went to my dealership today for an appointment and I was told it was out of warranty. I have 28,000 miles on it and it has been past 36 months. I tried calling the 1800-993-1997. The rep then told me they could not help me bc I was the second owner, I bought it at Carmax. I have driven this car only 18,000 miles and I am now screwed over and have to pay to replace it. I can not believe they will not stand behind a known defect in the durango. I wish I knew what to do and how to fix this. @DodgeCares I am so disappointed.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My question is: Have they fixed the problem with delamination in the refurbished units that are installed as replacements? Has anyone experienced failure of a refurbished unit?

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
887 Posts
We only hear about it with the '18s so I think it only applies to that year.

Reactions: cwilly8

·
Registered
1 Posts
Another one here on 2018 Durango. Called the dealer and they cant tell me anything until I come in to have it looked at. Called Customer Cares also and was told Im out of warranty (27K on my car pft) so it would be out of pocket unless dealer says otherwise. "Upgraded" from a 2014 to a 2018 model in '18. Will be sad to leave Durango on the next upgrade but this will def be a deal breaker. :/

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got a 2018 Durango R/T with the 8.4" touch screen. Noticed a few weeks back that the screen has started to delaminate in the upper left corner and is slowly working it's way across the top of the screen. Anyone else getting this? Looks like a bubble under the screen surface. I did a search of this forum and didn't find anything. The Charger and Ram forums have a lot to say on it, but sure seems like a defect with the radio and not necessarily the vehicle it's installed in. And if you're out of warranty (and I am-54k miles) you're screwed to the tune of $1500 or more, with no guarantee that it'll last any longer than the original did.
I just came back to dodge after many years of going to GMC. I bought a 2018 GT 2 weeks ago and my screen is doing this in the left corner and starting towards the right too. I am not happy about it and just hit 31,000 miles today. Had anyone has luck with contacting @DodgeCares?

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
887 Posts
Please read through this thread before asking this question. You will see a variety of results from Dodge dealers, most of them negative because the vehicle bumper to bumper warranty is expired. Dodge has refused even partial help with most people. And this seems to be a model year-only issue. There is no recall and apparently no TSBs.

·
Registered
287 Posts
We're sorry to hear that some of you are experiencing these concerns with possible delamination/bubbling. If anyone is currently working with their dealers and would like additional support, please feel free to send our team a private message with your VIN and any additional details/documentation that will help me get a better understanding of your situation.

Thanks in advance,

Courtney
Dodge Cares

Reactions: Tiffmck83

·
Registered
43 Posts
We're sorry to hear that some of you are experiencing these concerns with possible delamination/bubbling. If anyone is currently working with their dealers and would like additional support, please feel free to send our team a private message with your VIN and any additional details/documentation that will help me get a better understanding of your situation.

Thanks in advance,

Courtney
Dodge Cares
I've done this and all you guys say is save your receipts after paying full price for replacement. This is a scam, if a radio can't last 3 years it needs to be updated and replaced with a better part, I'm working with a class action lawyer currently. I will let the forum know if and when we take action. @DodgeCares #dodgereallydoesntcare

·
Registered
32 Posts
This is not a model specific problem, it is a radio specific problem. Any Dodge model using the 4C radio can have this happen. I have a 17 Challenger RT and 18 Durango RT and both are currently experiencing this problem. Have appointments with the dealer for each. Unfortunately for me both are out of warranty.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too have this issue with 2018 GT durango. I was a few hundred miles out of warranty when I contacted Dodge cares and was left high and dry. Pretty disappointed dodge doesn’t stand by their products. Anyone have any luck repairing themselves?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've done this and all you guys say is save your receipts after paying full price for replacement. This is a scam, if a radio can't last 3 years it needs to be updated and replaced with a better part, I'm working with a class action lawyer currently. I will let the forum know if and when we take action. @DodgeCares #dodgereallydoesntcare

I also have contacted a class action Lawyer and they are looking into this issue. I have a 2018 Citadel Durango and ha be been told keep my receipt. This is clearly a defect not a abuse problem. I own a Dodge pick up a hero and a Durango. After t he way this problem has been handled I will never purchase a Dodge product. I’m very glad the Sheriffs Department I work for uses GM vehicles an d not Dodge products. I make a point to meet with the Sheriff when it’s time to purchase new vehicles and give my opinion on the service and the way Dodge stands behind defects.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I also have contacted a class action Lawyer and they are looking into this issue. I have a 2018 Citadel Durango and ha be been told keep my receipt. This is clearly a defect not a abuse problem. I own a Dodge pick up a hero and a Durango. After t he way this problem has been handled I will never purchase a Dodge product. I’m very glad the Sheriffs Department I work for uses GM vehicles an d not Dodge products. I make a point to meet with the Sheriff when it’s time to purchase new vehicles and give my opinion on the service and the way Dodge stands behind defects.
Perfect example as to why companies/businesses need to treat the customer better, even for the small stuff. It will eventually affect their bottom line.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Perfect example as to why companies/businesses need to treat the customer better, even for the small stuff. It will eventually affect their bottom line.
And end up costing them more in the long run, but after going through the water pump fiasco to learn that they just put the same one back in is so ridiculous. Water pumps should not have to be replaced in under 100k

41 - 56 of 56 Posts