Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2018 Durango R/T with the 8.4" touch screen. Noticed a few weeks back that the screen has started to delaminate in the upper left corner and is slowly working it's way across the top of the screen. Anyone else getting this? Looks like a bubble under the screen surface. I did a search of this forum and didn't find anything. The Charger and Ram forums have a lot to say on it, but sure seems like a defect with the radio and not necessarily the vehicle it's installed in. And if you're out of warranty (and I am-54k miles) you're screwed to the tune of $1500 or more, with no guarantee that it'll last any longer than the original did.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'd personally invest in a Mopar extended warranty, then have it fixed.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V6
1,166 Posts
If not under warranty and don't wan't to spend big $$$...I believe Eghey has just the touch screens available?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Radio's fine, just need to change out the screen. Where can I find it...Eghey? And, nobody else is having this issue?

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
It's not a protective cover used for shipping?
I thought the screen was glass?....never heard of this..or seen it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope, not a protective covering, just a defect that lots of other Dodges with the 8.4" touch screens are having.

Chase300, the screen is probably glass underneath but the stuff that makes it a touch screen is laminating over the glass. this is what appears to be bubbling.

Attachments

·
Registered
878 Posts
Believe it or not, if your out of warranty FCA will take care of your screen. Now if you go to a lazy dealership they may try and say no. However, they are aware of the problem with some of the screens as well as another very common issue (on Chargers), and will fix it for free. What I'm not sure on is how far back they go, like if you have a 2014, but what I've heard they are working to make it right.

Call your local dealership and see if they can take a look. Also, look over in the LXforums for a thread called "Read this!!!!" It discusses the screen issue and how to get it fixed if your dealer doesn't help you. Basically if your dealer doesn't help, contact Dodge Cares and they will help.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Perfect...thanks for the info. My R/T is a 2018, so fairly new...new enough that this screen issue was really bumming me out. I love my truck, have owned a Charger R/T and and Challenger SRT and had no issues with them, and love what Dodge does with their trucks and cars, so I hope they stand by them. I'll give my local dealer a shot.

·
Registered
878 Posts
jfire72, I wasn't able to find the "Read This!!!" thread on the LX forums. Can you send me a link?
I'll PM you, as that forum isn't an affiliate like the Charger Forums are.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Was just thinking for the others here, if you need help in the event your dealship doesn't fix it, I copied the number and posted it below.

Dodge Cares
1 (800) 992-1997

Edit:

Dodge Cares pops up from time to time in the forums here and will try and help people out as well. They can be contacted for ANY issue your having if your not getting the help you need from the dealership. Whether or not it actually gets resolved is a whole other story. However, this particular problem with the screens is a known issue and they will get the ball rolling for you.

Reactions: pridbor

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just had this same issue with my 2018 R/T. Upper left corner started to delaminate a couple weeks ago. Thankfully, it’s still under warranty and the dealership replaced it. I know not super helpful for you OctaneRW, but you’re not the only one it’s happened to. Good luck!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts