Dodge Durango Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
We just bought a 2017 rt and disclaimer it is my "wife's" car, but I am itching to do minor mods..... I have questions...

--The Corsa Exhaust-Is it still relevant for a 2017 RT? Will it void the warranty or mopar extended warranty? Is this something that an accountant "myself" can install under a few ramps in our driveway? What benefits are received by this exhaust? Lastly, we'd like an exhaust that will enhance the start up sound and if we get on it, but won't be annoying during long trips.

--Sill Guards- I was thinking about these today, are these good or are there better ones? https://www.amazon.com/Dodge-Durango-Stainless-Steel-Mopar/dp/B01FE4K8EO

--Did you do caliper covers? If so what kind and can the accountant do it?
I have the mopar life warranty and getting a corsa does not void your warranty. Corsa is pricey but to me well worth it. The sound is glorious and constantly get asked what's under the hood. But the best part about corsa is the zero done on the highway. I've had other cheaper exhaust systems in the past and the drone always killed it for me. This system is top notch. Performance wise I didn't see anything, it's all about sound and look.

·
Registered
169 Posts
LOL! I just discovered the carid.com caliper covers today! Does anyone have these and if so, what are the impressions?
I thought about getting covers but opted instead for a $10 spray can of red brake caliper paint. Very happy I did that instead of buying covers. Service manage at a repair shop just asked me yesterday what aftermarket brakes I put on.

·
Registered
60 Posts
LOL! I just discovered the carid.com caliper covers today! Does anyone have these and if so, what are the impressions?
I bought the red MGP caliper covers with the "Dodge" logo. They fit great on my stock calipers and stock 20" Citadel wheels. No spacers needed. They fit tight and secure and actually look better than I thought they would. I sprayed the calipers and rotors black before the install.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Exactly! Best mod? A supercharger, forged engine, and lowering springs are the best.....obviously! lol

I recommend a tuner, intake, and exhaust.....in that order.

Since you have a '15 you will need an unlocked PCM to go along with your tuner but you won't see the full performance benefit of any other performance mod unless you can adjust your tune. The canned tunes are suitable for bolt-on mods but you'll really see an improvement with a custom tune even with bolt ons. Mike Doban @ OST Dyno is email tuning my Durango and he has been awesome.

A Legmaker is my only recommendation for an intake. Period.

Magnaflow has the sound and flow that I like so that's what I use on all my vehicles. The pipe size on the OEM exhaust is plenty big enough for a bolt-on motor so you could save a few bucks by just having the resonators/mufflers replaced with whatever brand sounds the way you like.

Throttle bodies are not necessary unless you are moving more air than the stock TB can handle. I am pushing 8.5psi through the stock TB and haven't had any issues with running out of air yet.

Aerosolized oil vapor from the can result in pulled timing, which causes reduced performance. There are plenty of arguments both for and against a catch can. I have chosen to use one on all my vehicles.

After that, you've got plenty of options for styling mods.
What catch can are you using and who makes lowering springs? I want very little drop as I’m going to run 22” Hellcat repros and want SRT type offset but don’t want rub.
2019 R/T
Thanks

21 - 28 of 28 Posts