Dodge Durango Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

· Registered
436 Posts
Sure! It had sat in the parking lot cooling off for about an hour before the first run, which was the quickest. The second run was slower and then all the rest were in the 16's, after complete heat soak had set in. I was hot-lapping as quickly as I could so I'm not surprised. Once it got really heat soaked, it was very consistent from there out. I'm number 520:

Text Font

· Registered
436 Posts
It is AWD and I tried it both with and without traction control. It made no difference. With and without Eco mode, as well, and no difference there either.

Reactions: wvhemis

· Registered
190 Posts
Finally got around to taking my 2014 awd r/t to the local 1/8 mile drag strip. I know it is not built for the 1/8 but the strip is only about 3 miles from my house, so I figured I would see what it could do. My only mod is a K&N cold air intake. It has 49000 miles on it as well.

My best was
reaction .044
60' 2.372
1/8 10.095 @ 69.76

I know the numbers aren't mind blowing but it was fun anyway!

Just thought I would share.

· Registered
324 Posts
I'm going to a recently reopened track on Friday. This will be my first time doing a quarter mile. Should be interesting, and fun.

· Registered
436 Posts
I'm going to a recently reopened track on Friday. This will be my first time doing a quarter mile. Should be interesting, and fun.
Sweet! We will, of course, require your best times (60ft, ¼ mile, trap speed) as well as weather conditions at the track (temp, humidity) as well as altitutde. :)

Good luck!

· Premium Member
1,196 Posts
15.5 seconds is my call

· Registered
324 Posts
Being my first time doing a 1/4 mile, I think you're being generous. With the heat we've been having lately, 100+, and my inexperience, I fully suspect 16s will be in order.

· Registered
109 Posts
14.78 @ 98.7mph with 1/2 tank of 93oct.

Mods- Hemi Fever 93oct custom tune, Volant Powercore intake. The rest of the vehicle stock.

Manually shifted the vehicle. As auto mode won't allow it to rev past factory rev limiter. Auto mode I was getting 15.1 at 94.8mph

2014 R/T AWD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I think that's a great time/mph for AWD and only a tune and CAI. I wish we had a 1/4 mile track in SD, but so far only have 1/8 and it's not worth it to me.

· Registered
324 Posts
This was the second run and best that I ran. Was at half a tank of 87. The scale also said 5090 with me in it but that seems low, doesn't it? Don't mind the reaction time, they dropped the pro-tree on me after the opponent's car died during staging.

I ran one other 15.3 and then a handful of 15.5s with various options, traction on/off, manual vs auto shifts, ECO always off.

· Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
3,287 Posts
You need to back that up with info on your DD. Year, trim, mods, etc. HEMIWOT has done tons to his DD including a cam and hasn't approached that number yet. Does your track go downhill? I doubt you'll get below 9 unless you put a Hellkitty motor in it - or a blower with serious pressure.

· Premium Member
3,089 Posts
You need to back that up with info on your DD. Year, trim, mods, etc. HEMIWOT has done tons to his DD including a cam and hasn't approached that number yet. Does your track go downhill? I doubt you'll get below 9 unless you put a Hellkitty motor in it - or a blower with serious pressure.
That is 1/8 mile run which equates to 14.5 in the 1/4. He has a tune and PCM so mid/high 14s is easy with that.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts