Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning on ordering a custom Durango & am wondering at what point it would make sense to wait & see what the 2015 models look like before doing so.

I'm unable to place an order for the current 2014 model until April; & I would hate to take delivery of a $50k car in June only to find out the 2015 model would be particularly snazzier.

I guess the question boils down to when you folks think there will be an announce date for the 2015 model & also if you believe there would be any substantial upgrades/options.

Thanks for any opinions or speculation you can offer.

·
Administrator
28,310 Posts
The new Model year usually starts ordering in the Fall Late Sept or Oct. If there are going to be any changes you will see them be advertised sometime in August Sept .I doubt there will be any changes at all
STEVE

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice.

One thing which confused me was- looking back over Google- it appeared that the 2014 Durango was revealed Q1/2013.

It sounds like from your reply that the typical reveal is in the Fall, & that the reveal in Q1/2013 for the 2014 Durango was a one-off exception?

·
Registered
62 Posts
The 14 Durango was shown at a some car shows in Spring 2014. And the press release was around that time, but I don't think they started manufacturing them til July or August and showed up on dealers lots around Late August or early September. I also tried to research changes for 2015 before ordering mine and the only thing I seen was a possible direct injection V6 engine for 2016 model year (Source: Allpar).

Are the dealers saying now that Durango orders won't be taken until April, is that whom you heard that from? These must be selling better than Dodge planned for.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 14 Durango was shown at a some car shows in Spring 2014. And the press release was around that time, but I don't think they started manufacturing them til July or August and showed up on dealers lots around Late August or early September. I also tried to research changes for 2015 before ordering mine and the only thing I seen was a possible direct injection V6 engine for 2016 model year (Source: Allpar).

Are the dealers saying now that Durango orders won't be taken until April, is that whom you heard that from? These must be selling better than Dodge planned for.

No, sorry, I was insufficiently clear.

I have to wait for April until ordering a new 2014 Durango for personal "budgetary" reasons, lol.

The timing of the Durango reveal dates has me confused, in general.

I went back to look for the 2013 reveal date using Google. As best I could tell, that reveal date was Q3/2012 (but I could be wrong about that).

In any event, if the 2013 model reveal date really was Q3/2012, that would put the 2014 model reveal date only about 6 months thereafter (i.e. Q1/2013). Perhaps I'm just confused, since I'm not sure 2 reveal dates that close together makes sense.

I'm sure some of the experts on this forum can help clear this up & explain better than myself.

·
Registered
93 Posts
2014 was the refresh year - I wouldn't wait around in anticipation of any changes of significance for the MY15 Durango.

You'll be able to get a better deal on a '14 as well, unless you wait for several months for incentives and such to repopulate for the new model year.

Personally, I would contest this is just about the best set of circumstances within which to buy a vehicle - recently refreshed so it will be current for a few years but isn't a brand-new platform with possible undiscovered flaws, and it is several months into production of the current MY so incentives are prevalent but you can still custom order to your specifications.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2014 was the refresh year - I wouldn't wait around in anticipation of any changes of significance for the MY15 Durango.

You'll be able to get a better deal on a '14 as well, unless you wait for several months for incentives and such to repopulate for the new model year.

Personally, I would contest this is just about the best set of circumstances within which to buy a vehicle - recently refreshed so it will be current for a few years but isn't a brand-new platform with possible undiscovered flaws, and it is several months into production of the current MY so incentives are prevalent but you can still custom order to your specifications.

Capt. Awesome, that was a reassuring & sensible piece of advice. Thank you very much.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Oddly enough, I was just about to ask if anyone knew if the MY15 had any differences from the MY14.

FYI - Dealer by me said May is when they start the ordering for the 2015 (the cutoff for 2014 orders is end Apr, first week or two of May).

I'm in the same boat, going to order most likely (still on the fence on vehicles), but wont order until Apr or May.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oddly enough, I was just about to ask if anyone knew if the MY15 had any differences from the MY14.

FYI - Dealer by me said May is when they start the ordering for the 2015 (the cutoff for 2014 orders is end Apr, first week or two of May).

I'm in the same boat, going to order most likely (still on the fence on vehicles), but wont order until Apr or May.

Curiously enough, I found my first *possibly real* online statement (dated Jan 2014) about the 2015 Durango, as below:

"The 2015 Dodge Durango will drive new drive. In addition to the engines, which are well demonstrated in the current model in the announcement is a powerful 6.4 -liter Hemi V8 engine that produces 470 horsepower". The 2015 Dodge Durango is likely to appear in showrooms in mid-2014.

This stilted English description is found at the following web link: 2015 Dodge Durango Review | 2014 / 2015 Best New Cars

In the meantime, Dodge got back to me via email after I solicited their feedback on the 2015 release date. They had nothing to say, which I thought was not as cool as they should have been.

In any event, a 6.4L V8 would be pretty nifty.....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
6.4 sounds great! I just hope they wont charge 65K like the Jeep 6.4
Speaking of charging $65k for a Durango.....

Below is a new article from a seemingly reputable site claiming- as if it were a given fact- that Durangos will be discontinued soon in favor of a pricier JGC equivalent.

I've been carefully watching Durango news (at least what can be found on Google) for 6 months now, & this is the most damning article I've seen.

They don't note what their source for this is, however.

Capsule Review: 2014 Dodge Durango | The Truth About Cars

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Below is a new article from a seemingly reputable site claiming- as if it were a given fact- that Durangos will be discontinued soon in favor of a pricier JGC equivalent.

I've been carefully watching Durango news (at least what can be found on Google) for 6 months now, & this is the most damning article I've seen.

And also this news, from Feb 2014

"There is some sad news for all of you Dodge Durango lovers out there. Despite the fact that sales of the Durango spiked after the Ron Burgundy commercials went viral, Dodge has announced that they will be discontinuing the Durango in 2016".

Discontinued Dodge Models | Briggs Dodge Blog

·
Registered
849 Posts

Bummer! Of course I am always skeptical until an official announcement. These rumors have been flying around for a couple of years. Thanks for sharing.

- Danny

·
Registered
656 Posts
i doubt there will be any changes between the 14 and 15 model years since they just came out with the new design in 14

·
Registered
928 Posts
i doubt there will be any changes between the 14 and 15 model years since they just came out with the new design in 14
I wouldn't think anything drastically different, but theres a chance there will be a few minor changes, be it color choices or even packages. Either way, it's getting late enough in the 2014 model year I think I'm going to wait and see if I can get a good deal on a leftover 2014 when the 2015's start rolling out, or just order the 2015 I want at that point. I'm in no hurry, so I might as well wait it out a little longer.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I'd be happy if they leave it unchanged just so long as they address all the little foibles that have been cropping up in the '14s. (Rear struts, etc..)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts