Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was going through all the EVIC settings I noticed that you can have the side mirrors automatically tilt down when you are in reverse.
I tried this and didn't see any benefit to having them do this. haha
Does anybody use this feature and what is the purpose?

·
Registered
2014 Durango Limited V-6 / AWD
1,204 Posts
A while back was helping a buddy with a rented Suburban that had it set that way and hated it. If it was easier to turn on and off, I might use it to check occasionally, but given you have to go through the EVIC menu, I don't bother.

·
Registered
46 Posts
When I was going through all the EVIC settings I noticed that you can have the side mirrors automatically tilt down when you are in reverse.
It's handy when backing into a parking place (lets you see the lines). Also helps to make sure you don't rub a curb. Having said that, I have mine set to do this and I'm not sure I'm crazy about it.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I hate it! If I want to look at the ground when I'm in reverse, I'll look at the backup camera. I didn't realize you could change it in EVIC; going out to change it RIGHT NOW! Thanks, Jerknuts.

Reactions: BlkDRT2014

·
Registered
230 Posts
It's a feature that gives you a curb-side view for parking.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
I have had several vehicles that gives this option. If you cannot figure out where the curb is using the mirrors at their normal position then you really need to go back to driving school, IMO. I have to wonder when you hit a parked car, can you say, "i was looking at the curb or parking lines to make sure I centered the car".

·
Registered
284 Posts
I like it, however, it would be a lot easier if you could set how low they actually tilt. I find it tilts way too low so you are seeing too much of the ground and not much higher. If it would only tilt about 50% of where it tilts now I would be happier with it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
My '07 300C has this feature and I love it, but on my wife's new Durango R/T, I find the passenger mirror tilts way too low.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like it, however, it would be a lot easier if you could set how low they actually tilt. I find it tilts way too low so you are seeing too much of the ground and not much higher. If it would only tilt about 50% of where it tilts now I would be happier with it.
Yeah, i thought of that while trying it out. Being able to set the position it moves to or tilts could be very useful.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I had this feature on some previous cars and I liked it. Like others here, I find the mirror on the Durango tilts too far making it useless. We turned the feature off.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I don't use it, but then again, I don't back into parking spaces. Found it annoying when backing out of the garage or anywhere else, so I turned it off.

·
Registered
317 Posts
This feature is useful for me since I always back in to park. Helps me see the lines. This also makes me have a use of my back up camera and sensors. Also helps when u parallel park making sure you don't scratch your wheels on the curb and make sure you're not too far away from the curb either. I love this feature!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: seniorcitadelowner

·
Registered
42 Posts
I personally don't like the feature, unless I'm backing in to a parking spot I don't want to see the ground. I'm too used to backing up with mirrors. I don't really care for the helpful lines on the backup camera either. I was trying to back up to a trailer the other day for the first time and couldn't see the ball mount good because the lines were in the way, oh well I'll get used to that I guess.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I can see where it would be beneficial for parallel parking to see the curb. I almost never curb-park. When I back-in park (90% of the time) I'm more interested in how close I am to the cars on either side, moreso than the lines on the ground. When the mirrors tilt down, they become useless to me and I'm cranking my neck around to see what I need to see. So glad EVIC takes the tilt off. +1 to this thread. :)

·
Registered
2014 Durango Limited V-6 / AWD
1,204 Posts
I don't really care for the helpful lines on the backup camera either. I was trying to back up to a trailer the other day for the first time and couldn't see the ball mount good because the lines were in the way, oh well I'll get used to that I guess.
You can turn that off in EVIC under Settings>Safety and Driving Assistance>

·
Registered
469 Posts
I use the feature when backing into parking spaces or parking in the garage (for some reason I can back up just fine in my garage, but can't pull straight into it). I only use the back up camera when it comes to seeing if I'm too far back (ie when parallel parking, making sure I'm across the line in a parking space, making sure I'm back far enough to close the garage door, etc). My husband is always bugging me to rely on the camera 100% of the time when backing up. I refuse.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts