Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum stuff. Anyway, I am betond frustrated with my Durango right now. I have an 04 Limited with a 5.7 Hemi. Don't know what set this problem off or what caused it. When I am at a stop the idle gets radical and the lightening bolt warning light comes on. The idle gets all crazy and I have to shut rhe vehicle off and restart it. Sometimes it will come on while I am driving, but for the most part it happens at a stop sign or srop light. I have read multiple sites saying what it could be but nothing is helping. I just returned a TPS because it says Hemi's dont have a TPS. I'm sure someone has had the same problem. Can you please give me pointers on which direction I need to go. It happens frequently, not when vehicle is hot or cold or anything like that. Please help....

·
Premium Member
28,307 Posts
There was a Rash of Throttle body failures on the Early Gen 2's
My guess would be your TB is failing
STEVE

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would that cause a high idle as well. I'm sitting here in park in front of Auto Zone and the idle is going from 1500 to 2000 on its own.

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
If you were local to me, I have an 04 TB from my ram we could hook up to check if it is the TB issue.

·
Premium Member
4,085 Posts
RV:
As you know, the Hemi is drive by wire so no throttle cable. The TPS function is performed by the TB on that engine. I would recommend removing the TB and giving it a good cleaning as a first step.
There is a write up on that very process by yours truly in this section. You may cure the this issue by the cleaning and reseating the harness connectors for it.
If not, then a new TB may be the cure for ~$200 or so.

Don

1 - 5 of 5 Posts