Dodge Durango Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Don't ask me why there are two part numbers for each side so you better have your dealer cross reference with a non-Lightweight Package VIN to get the right part numbers.

The images below are from this page...

Item #9 below are the under seat shields and Item #13 are the smaller inside latch covers. You may need item #12 as well.

View attachment 117560

View attachment 117561
Clark--I think I figured out why there are two part numbers for each one--I think it's color differences, like gray, tan and black . . .

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
Got the right side finished, but because the salvage yard didn't take much care of the seats, the trim pieces got scratched up and the pull strap plastic piece got broken; luckily, I already had a new one on hand, so was able to replace it, but I'll need to buy new trim pieces . . . anybody got a VIN from a 3-row Durango with leather and second row bench, so I can use that to order the parts? Doesn't seem like the Dodge parts guys know how to look up parts these days unless they have a VIN . . .

UPDATE
Apparently, there were only a couple of possible part numbers for each piece, one tan and one black, so I was able to find them online and order them . . . I'm sure it will take a couple of weeks to get here, but I'm good with that . . . I also had a new pull strap for the left side, so even though there wasn't a problem with that side, I went ahead and replaced it so that it would look new, as if it came this way from the factory, and the new trim parts I ordered will complete that image . . .
This is now the only Durango Hellcat with full black leather on 3 rows, and a second row bench . . . I would've ordered it this way, had this configuration been an option.
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Car seat cover

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
987 Posts
As I am a parts geek and love parts books and diagrams I always thought I would enjoy working in a car parts department, but I would probably shit a brick when I found out who the morons were that I had to work with. I'd be the old guy who knows where to find anything and they would be lost.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
One other thing was brought to my attention that I don't have--on vehicles with the third row, there is a little applet in the UConnect that folds the headrests on the third row seats . . . mine doesn't have that, and I'd like to get it added, if that is a possibility . . . anybody have any information on how this could be done, or what needs to be done here? I've talked to the Shop Foreman at the local Dodge dealer, and he said if it's an add-on, he can send it to be downloaded by the UConnect automatically, but he wasn't sure whether that was the case, and would check on it for me . . .

Here's the second row seats tumbled with the parts added from the salvage yard seats

Seat belt Steering part Car seat cover Car Motor vehicle

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Well, the shop foreman at the Dodge dealership called and left a message telling me that the applet in UConnect to fold the third row headrests wasn't an add-on that could simply be downloaded . . . so, does anybody know how I might go about adding it?

·
Registered
2018 Durango SRT Bruiser Gray
299 Posts
Well, the shop foreman at the Dodge dealership called and left a message telling me that the applet in UConnect to fold the third row headrests wasn't an add-on that could simply be downloaded . . . so, does anybody know how I might go about adding it?
Did you find where the headrests plug in? How many conductors? Or have you confirmed it's a Uconnect applet?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I didn't look closely, but it looked like just 2 wires in the harness/connector, and apparently every 3-row Durango has this ability within UConnect . . .

·
Registered
2020 DDSRT Octane Red, 2020 Ram 1500 Crew Cab, 2021 HD FLHXS
113 Posts
Just a thought. Ask the shop foreman if the third row needs to be added to the BCM. UConnect may just pick it up on it's own if it sees it in the BCM.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Just a thought. Ask the shop foreman if the third row needs to be added to the BCM. UConnect may just pick it up on it's own if it sees it in the BCM.
I wouldn't be surprised if that's all that is required . . . but, not sure if this guy knows what needs to be done to do that . . . I'll be in there tomorrow, so I'll ask then

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I just did a little online research, and it appears that there are a few tools out there that might be able to add this feature into the BCM, so I might be able to do that myself, with the right tool, assuming that this is indeed in the BCM . . . I have to think that it is . . .

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
So, it looks like I may be able to use AlfaOBD to add the Folding Headrest applet into the UConnect; I can see it listed when I scan the Vehicle Configuration, at least I think this is the entry--it shows as "Headrest Present: No", and using the application allows you to change that value to "Yes"--as long as you have a Security Gateway Module Bypass, which I ordered yesterday evening, and should have by Wednesday . . .

Then, of course, I ran into yet another little "gotcha"; the third-row seat I purchased was from a 2017 Durango, and apparently, they changed the third-row seat belts on 2019 and up Durangos, because the ones I purchased, will not "click" into the buckles in the seat . . . and online parts outlets seem to show that there is a different part number for up to 2018, and after 2018, so I ordered the 2019-up buckles this morning . . . I should have them tomorrow morning.

After I confirm that these work with the 2021 seat belts I bought and installed, I'll post the part number in the original post.

·
Registered
2020 DDSRT Octane Red, 2020 Ram 1500 Crew Cab, 2021 HD FLHXS
113 Posts
So, it looks like I may be able to use AlfaOBD to add the Folding Headrest applet into the UConnect; I can see it listed when I scan the Vehicle Configuration, at least I think this is the entry--it shows as "Headrest Present: No", and using the application allows you to change that value to "Yes"--as long as you have a Security Gateway Module Bypass, which I ordered yesterday evening, and should have by Wednesday . . .
What you are saying is the head of the service dept. didn't know that it could be enabled via the BCM.

Do you really need the SGW module to modify the BCM? I was under the assumption that it was only needed for modifying engine control parameters.

But still, alfaobd will allow you to make other mods, such as changing tire sizes if you go with tires that are a different circumference. That way your speedo and odometer have the correct readings.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
What you are saying is the head of the service dept. didn't know that it could be enabled via the BCM.

Do you really need the SGW module to modify the BCM? I was under the assumption that it was only needed for modifying engine control parameters.

But still, alfaobd will allow you to make other mods, such as changing tire sizes if you go with tires that are a different circumference. That way your speedo and odometer have the correct readings.
AlfaOBD support confirmed that you need the SGW Bypass to make the changes . . . I tried last night without it, and it wouldn't accept the changes . . . the guy at the dealership said that the option to add this wouldn't show up in their tool . . . I don't know if that's true or not, but it doesn't matter if AlfaOBD will do it

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
OK, got the center seat belt assembly this morning and verified that the seatbelt hasps "click in", then installed it . . . the trim around those buckles is also different, so I had to order that . . . this is what it looks like now:
Car Vehicle Seat belt Automotive design Motor vehicle

The part number for the 2021 Durango, in case you need it, is 6JW95DX9AA . . . by the way, this leather matches the stuff I had installed on the first two rows . . . my upholstery shop did a great job!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts