Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum so, this is my first post.

Picked up a white 14 limited last week and we're thinking of coating the wheels in gloss black. I'm wondering if anyone has done this to the factory 18" wheels and how it looks? If it were 100% up to me, "we" would just upgrade the wheels to some black 20s BUT "we've got tires with a lot of miles left on them and a new set is 4x as expensive" My wife fell in love with the blacktop and rallye packages but wanted a limited without a $40k price tag. The theme here is how much we want out of as little money as possible, I know...I'm just worried that the 18" wheels will look goofy in gloss black since they're not 20". Hopefully someone out there has done it and has some pictures??

Thanks guys..and ps, I've googled around for it but haven't been able to find an image that'll do the 18" wheels any justice.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Have you looked into Plasti dipping the rims? It is something you can do yourself and much much cheaper. Also if you don't like the outcome it will peel off. take a look at dipyourcar.com and also the videos by them on youtube.

A set of tires in a glossy black should cost you about 50 bucks to do it yourself.

P

·
Registered
301 Posts
PlastiDip one wheel as a test, and see if you like the color/look. If you do, then pay to have it done the right way -- powder coating. I can always tell when someone 'dips their wheels. This isn't a good thing. They look cheesy -- especially on a new $40K+ vehicle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts