Dodge Durango Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Theres a plastic cover that goes over the PCM on the left side when you have the SRT hood, it helps keep the water/dirt off of it.
I'm Glad Summer is here . Won't have to worry for a few months. Lol. My only concern is when the Beast is at stand still "Parked" an it starts pouring Rain. 🤦🏻‍♂️ I Noticed on the Right side vent the Ground connections sit right under. Whatcha out for them Christmas lights. 🤞🙏

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
No water problems here and I’ve had mine since 2018. Everything is protected from water. Even if water managed to get in do you know how hot this engine gets? Evaporation comes into play. I’m not sure what on the dirt issue either, I drive mine daily (even in crappy NE Ohio weather) and the filth is at a minimum. I think FCA did a great job sealing this monster up. It’s actually impressive for a Dodge.
View attachment 110012
Your engine bay looks awesome. You did a really nice job and contrasting the 2 colors while not something I would have thought of you made look really cool.
I'm a super clean freak with my Durango as it always looks brand new. I keep it in the garage and get annoyed if I have to take it out in any kinda of crappy weather. I prefer not to drive it in the rain ( yeah I know something wrong with me , my wife tells me all the time LOL).
How I got into this concern is all the reviews of the SRT and R/T's from 2018 to present. It seemed like every time they would open the hood to show the engine , you can clearly see where water got in from the vents and left water marks and dirt on the air cleaner box and computer and fuse box covers. It caught my eye and I know it would drive me crazy. So I started researching on how to prevent it.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I'm Glad Summer is here . Won't have to worry for a few months. Lol. My only concern is when the Beast is at stand still "Parked" an it starts pouring Rain. 🤦🏻‍♂️ I Noticed on the Right side vent the Ground connections sit right under. Whatcha out for them Christmas lights. 🤞🙏
I'm mental about things like that. I assume your west coast somewhere?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts