Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
So it is actually next year 2023 will be the final year of production of the current LX/LC platform at Brampton. 2023 production will only run for the first two quarters of 2023. The "new" Charger, Challenger, and maybe the Chrysler 300 are moving back to Detriot. Durango production for 2023 will still continue at JNAP for 2023 but the "new" Durango will be built at MACK Assembly where the new Grand Cherokee L platform is being built. If you look the Grand Cherokee WK was still being built at JNAP up until the shutdown in March for the re-tooling at JNAP. Production of the Jeep Grand Cherokee WK is no more. This is why we made the decision to order our 2022 DDSRT when we did. Unfortunately, we are unable to get our DDSRT scheduled to be built. At this point, I don't know if it will be built or not. I think they have run out of parts.

·
Premium Member
5,473 Posts
I'll admit that the eMach is a neat vehicle. I still can't connect it as a Mustang in my mind though. Kind of like taking a Unimog, electrifying it, and calling it the e)whatchamacallit!
Take a look at the recent Ford Lightning trailer towing test. The result, was that a truck with an ICE engine, and 4 gallons of fuel, will out last it as far as the charge goes.
We all know they will get these things worked out in time, but not overnight. Just like wind, solar, and other pie-in-the-sky options are a long way off as far as being turnkey replacements.

A friend of my brother, who has Teslas, decided to run down to Hilton Head from here in SW Ohio. What would be a 11-12 hour trip, was extended to 15 hours with the need to travel as much as 45 minutes off of the route, to access charging stations. On the way back, the return trip was delayed 3 DAYS due to a flat tire. Apparently, their Tesla has the less common 22 inch wheel option, and no one in the area they were in, had one. Teslas don't come with spares, I guess.

Don

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
Well they better have a nice rabbit to pull out of the hat with this new Chally/Charger if they expect to sell in any volume close to current ones let alone get current owners to trade in their rides!
I just fear its going to start at $60K and just go up from there....

·
Registered
286 Posts
Anyone expecting to get into the ev market for less than $60k is dreaming. It won’t happen for at least a decade if ever. They just cost more to make.

Don’t forget, there will be hundreds of thousands of used v8 muscle cars out there for decades to come.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Nobody from Stellantis has spoken on the record. I'll trust Motor Trends sources over Motor 1, whatever blog that is for the time being. We should know for sure in 2 weeks.

·
Premium Member
2,190 Posts
It's called debt.
Where does it stop though. Something is going to break and I am concerned the future will be the rich or poor nothing in between. Kind of like lots of movies have predicted for the last 50 years. LOL

·
Registered
2013 Durango R/T 5.7 - Black w/blackout package
478 Posts
Where does it stop though.
It will stop when all the people who "purchased" vehicles way outside of their ability to pay for their purchase have to get rid of them. The new car market will slow, and the used car market will boom with vehicles that they can't sell because they'll still want too much $$$ for them asking price. They'll only stop making $100K vehicles when people stop buying them....or at least securing them for a period of time before they have to dump it off or the repo man comes in the night.

This process will take a LONG time.......unless our economy as a whole crashes hard like 2008 (which I believe it will, and soon), then everyone will lock up their wallets and hide their money under their mattresses again.

I'll just sit back and watch it all happen again, like I did last time, and cash in on any deals that I see that can't be passed up. I don't like capitalizing on others misfortune, but I didn't put my foot on their throat to buy what they did in the first place either.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I've heard that V8s aren't going away necessarily. However gov is going to keep putting tax + emissions costs on them. The end effect is that V8's will be difficult to put into cheap everyday cars.

It also means that if the market for really expensive V8s continues to exist they'll be around for a while.

Also also the Supreme Court recently neutered the EPA's ability to mandate carbon definitions. So who knows. Maybe with a political change happening in the near future we'll get MORE V8s.

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
I looked at a new Ford Maverick for my son who's finishing college soon...dealer had a $15,000 market adjustment on it.
So a $25K small pickup was now $43,000 before tax, title, dealer fee if we wanted it now.
If we ordered they sell at MSRP plus their usual add-ons.
They had a used one on the lot that I test drove that had 3,000 miles on it they wanted $45,000.
I think I'll order one and then resell back to the dealer for a profit..LOL!
I'll have to check my local Dodge dealer to see if the same crap is going on as this Ford dealer.

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
2,264 Posts
Ford has already warned their dealers about this kind of bullshit. As per usual, the dealers are ignoring the warning it appears. Ford also stated they would not honor the factory warranty on any flipped vehicle. I don't know if they can legally do that but that's what was reported.

Reactions: Chase300

·
Registered
286 Posts
Chevy is doing the same thing with the new Z06. Warning dealers about scalping and buyers that flip new vehicles.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts