Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
is it possible to put r/t tail lights with lift gate led (racing track kind) on a stock duro 13 thanks in advance
Yes, but very expensive and difficult. They fit perfectly on a 2011-2013 but the wiring needs to be completely redone. The lights are also very expensive. I have found used ones on eBay for all 3 totaling around $1,000.00. I have no idea how or what the cost would be to convert the wiring though.

·
Administrator
28,307 Posts
Yes they are the same physical tailgate. Now you will invest a small fortune in the light assemblies and you will have to do a bit of wiring retrofit which may include some resistors and new connectors.
Good Luck
STEVE

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
THANKS for the replies guys keep em coming !!! @ppowell1983 any ebay links you have would be must appreciated

·
Registered
2,752 Posts

·
Registered
2,752 Posts

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
@ppowell1983 might as well go for an upgrade!! lol.. thanks again man
I'm not sure what 13 durango you have, but by the time you spend the 2k - 2,500 to get the 2014 lights working right you might think about putting that down on a 2015. People are getting 2015 R/T Durangos for around 40k. If your 13 is the same thing you can probably get 30k for it. So get a 2 yr newer one for 7500 more than the light upgrade.

I'm just thinking it loud.

·
Administrator
28,307 Posts
Then its not custom Paul! Modding a early Gen 3 with those lights is a cool Mod and he wont have a new payment book. Plus he will truly have 1 of a kind.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Then its not custom Paul! Modding a early Gen 3 with those lights is a cool Mod and he wont have a new payment book. Plus he will truly have 1 of a kind.
Good point.

I would love to somehow fabricate the headlight assembly off of the JGC on my durango but I know that is virtually impossible, although the wiring probably would be plug and play.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think if the interest builds, someone is going to be doing this (also if money permits). 1100+ is a lot of coin to drop on a project where there is no clear outcome. This will take someone with money, connections, and the ability to understand wiring conversions. It's probably not too hard to do, and maybe someone can build a harness for this type of application (similar to a user on the Jeep GC forums for the '14 headlight retrofit). If I had the dough I would totally buy a pair and see if I could get it to work.

·
Administrator
28,307 Posts
Paul he works at Jefferson North

·
Registered
364 Posts
My '11 Citadel already has the HID headlights, so I'll likely retain those up front.

I am looking into this mod and have the 2014 center tail light assembly (largest component) inbound for review.

Once received, I'll begin the preliminary analysis for the 2011 to 2014 tail light mod.

Obviously, I'll need to get both the LT and RT outer assemblies before performing the actual upgrade/install of the three components..

·
Registered
364 Posts
The larger '14 center section arrived today. So, I quickly gave it a once over and tested the "racetrack" daytime running portion using my ohmmeter followed by a standard 9vdc battery and verified it to be working as I anticipated. This portion of the mod should fall right into place. I plan to tie the daytime running lights into a fused Ignition/Run position circuit.

Now, I need to buy both '14 LT and RT brake light assemblies and I'll be set to begin the installation of the three components.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Here's a few sneak previews of progress.

Note: Assembly is upside down in photos...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 116 Posts