Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I asked a similar question last month, but now I have done more research. I have part number 68020345AC on my consol to control my headlights. It is a strictly manual switch. Part number 68023123AB is the part number that has an extra toggle to Auto headlights. I have found the part with Auto lights for $40. I have looked at both set of connectors online and it appears to be the exact same mounting and electrical harness configuration. I am betting I can swap switches and have auto headlights.

Has anyone tried this? Any opinions on if this will work? Does anyone have dealer experience?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I would have to think that the computers are different for a vehicle equipped with auto headlights and one without. Not solely based on the switch itself.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would have to think that the computers are different for a vehicle equipped with auto headlights and one without. Not solely based on the switch itself.
That could be. I wonder if there is a reprogram for it. I can't believe they would use a different computer for such a small difference. The parts stocking and everything just seems too cumbersome. This is probably a dealer question.

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
The auto lights have a light sensor in the dash. Or I should say my auto lights do. Without that the switch may be useless, even with a computer that can handle it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts