Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
'14 Citadel 5.7L Towing Package
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

So, i bought the Jeep GC LED fog pods for my 2014 Citadel, and they flickered when the vehicle is on with engine running. Bought the OBDLink MX+, downloaded OBD JScan and purchased a license for my VIN in JScan.

LED Fog enable worked great, so then I started searching in the app and found option to "Reset to OFF with Ign Key Cycle"

You can see in my Trace Log that I attempted to "Remember previous state with Ign Key Cycle" first with no luck but, now every time I start the car, my eco button stays off. It's also worth noting that i have a Diablo Tuner from Sean @ Hemifever Tuning. When i got his tune on it, i asked him to turn MDS off.

This may not work for everyone, but it worked for me and my parts in my 2014 V8, so to recap:
  1. Hemifever tuner w/ MDS OFF
  2. OBDLInk MX+ w/ JScan
  3. "Remember previous state with Ign Key Cycle"
  4. cycle car off and back to "run" (engine not running)
  5. "Reset to OFF with Ign Key Cycle"
  6. cycle car off and back to "run" (engine not running)
  7. Off, then start

Fog lights only

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
That's weird that I also installed the JGC LED fogs in my 2014 Citadel V8 and have had no flickering issue...BUT do still have the annoying Eco mode resetting after every restart...so Thanks for the post!

·
Registered
Billet Silver Metallic 2014 R/T RWD
117 Posts
I may have to purchase this to get rid of it starting Eco mode by default. The PAC BCI-CH41 can also supposedly disable Eco mode.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what section of the app is that in? and how much did the app cost for your car?
To find the setting, you connect then go over to the "Adaptation" tab, scroll down to "Vehicle User Settings" then you can see the "ECO Mode Configuration" link to configure for your vehicle.

The 1 VIN License - Standard cost me $25.58 after downloading the free app.

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
This is good info, thanks. My 21 DDRT, the eco mode setting (on or off) stays constant across starts. About time Dodge did that as ECO mode is yuck Mode for R/T owners :D

I love this DDRT rig!

Reactions: 305r/t

·
Registered
117 Posts
This is good info, thanks. My 21 DDRT, the eco mode setting (on or off) stays constant across starts. About time Dodge did that as ECO mode is yuck Mode for R/T owners :D

I love this DDRT rig!
Had I have known what I know now, I definitely would've avoided buying a '14 model, as Dodge decided to make Eco mode revert back to it's last used setting starting in '15. Unfortunately this is one of those irritating nuances that you don't learn about until after you purchase the vehicle and start exploring the rabbit hole. This is great information on this post for sure. I already have a OBD scanner, so I might just try this after work today. I hate that Eco mode setting.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Had I have known what I know now, I definitely would've avoided buying a '14 model, as Dodge decided to make Eco mode revert back to it's last used setting starting in '15. Unfortunately this is one of those irritating nuances that you don't learn about until after you purchase the vehicle and start exploring the rabbit hole. This is great information on this post for sure. I already have a OBD scanner, so I might just try this after work today. I hate that Eco mode setting.
I'm happy to own the 2014 model year because after '14 if you wanted to put a tuner on, you would have to purchase an Unlocked ECU.

DiabloTuner worked without any issues!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Glad I got my '21 then, foglight and eco mode are remembered everytime I start my DDRT........this is one thing that REALLY pisses me off with car companies, if I set it I want it remembered the NEXT time I start my truck. I've also got all the assisted driving, adaptive and auto braking turned off and it stays off, cause those things drive me insane when I drive other vehicles.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'm happy to own the 2014 model year because after '14 if you wanted to put a tuner on, you would have to purchase an Unlocked ECU.

DiabloTuner worked without any issues!
Is that right?? I learn something new on this forum everyday. Maybe my '14 isn't so bad after all :unsure:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Glad I got my '21 then, foglight and eco mode are remembered everytime I start my DDRT........this is one thing that REALLY pisses me off with car companies, if I set it I want it remembered the NEXT time I start my truck. I've also got all the assisted driving, adaptive and auto braking turned off and it stays off, cause those things drive me insane when I drive other vehicles.
Not sure what Dodge was thinking when they implemented that default Eco-mode for 2014..horrible idea. When I turn it off it should STAY off indefinitely.

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
Is that right?? I learn something new on this forum everyday. Maybe my '14 isn't so bad after all :unsure:
Maybe the tuner can also disable eco mode? Looks like you will be doing a little research!

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
1,356 Posts
ECO mode on automatically could be how they get the EPA to rate the vehicles mileage where they hope it to be.

·
Registered
2020 RT Blacktop AWD
24 Posts
I honestly don't see ANY difference between eco on, or off on my 2021.
I have the 2020 RT and as soon as you hit the button to off the RPM jumps up a few hundred RPM to bring it in the power band.

Sport mode is a little harder to tell above eco off but it does seem to change the steering not sure about shift points though. I'm guessing it holds gears longer.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Can't say I notice much of a difference around town in MPG with Eco mode on either. The truck does seem more responsive and eager to rev once I turn it off though...or it could be just a mental/placebo effect lol. I just did a trip from Miami to Orlando and I was able to get the EPA rated 23 mpg hwy with Eco on. Had I been thinking I would've drove back home with Eco off just to see if there was actually some fuel saved by using Eco mode on the way there.

·
Registered
525 Posts
After reading this thread, I checked my stock 2021 R/T TnG yesterday.
ECO mode off is maintained across ignition on-off-on cycles.

Reactions: Vice-White
1 - 18 of 18 Posts