Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just bought a 2005 Durango Limited 5.7L Hemi. The truck ran flawlessly during test drive and on the way home. Just ran up to the corner convenience store. Came out cranked but would not start. Cranked and Cranked Finally started but had to mash gas peddle to the floor to keep her running. Limped home with peddle to the floor 800 RPM Max and about 10 Miles per hour WOT (Wide Open Throttle).Got in my driveway and shut her down as she was about to overheat. Let her cool down about an hour turned the key and fired right up like nothing ever happened. Took her out and ran the heck out of her for about an hour no more problems. Only thing is now the Front a/c blower motor does not blow. So I started checking fuses The manual says fuse F3 is responsible for a whole list of stuff. Stuff that sounds like all the problems i'm having "Ignition Run/ Start for Controller (NGC), Integrated Power Module (IPM), AC Relay and Fuel Pump Relay" But I check the fuse and it's OK. Interesting side note the manual says that F3 is 10amp but fuse guide on the fuse box cover says 20amp and it is :roll:20amp. Just confused. Wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience. If so Let me Know. :roll:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Well since I've gotten zero replies to my post. I just started reading very thread ever posted on this vehicle. And it seems that this particular vehicle just does not like getting wet, even a little bit. The common thread in a lot of the posts seems to be if you dare to drive in so much as a sun shower you are asking for all kinds of very serious problems, up to and including throwing a rod straight through your block. I really wish I had known this before I bought it. The vehicle, I bought this truck to replace is a 2002 Land Rover Discovery II SD with 200,000+ mile on her. Which I could drive across a raging river during a full on monsoon, and not even think twice about it. Can't wait to finish the head gasket job on my beloved Disco, so I sell this P.O.C to some unsuspecting shulp like Dodge did to everyone one bought one new from the showroom. :furious: Seriously can I wash this thing without risking blowing the engine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts