Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I started off with a muffler delete and it honestly didn't sound like I wanted and was raspy at WOT. Deleted the resonators and made it a straight pipe, the cats are still in place. This thing is so nasty and has such a deep throaty sound now. FYI very little to no drone since I NEVER drive in eco mode anyway. Enjoy.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yeah the Hemi or really any V8 straight piped sounds badass. Personally Would never do it on a daily driver.

·
Registered
2014 Durango RT 392
901 Posts
I started off with a muffler delete and it honestly didn't sound like I wanted and was raspy at WOT. Deleted the resonators and made it a straight pipe, the cats are still in place. This thing is so nasty and has such a deep throaty sound now. FYI very little to no drone since I NEVER drive in eco mode anyway. Enjoy.

Oh, thank God. I thought this was going to be another pathetic V6 thread. Sounds good.

·
Registered
'19 RT
19 Posts
Yeah the Hemi or really any V8 straight piped sounds badass. Personally Would never do it on a daily driver.
Because you have sensitive ears? Or because it is not good for the vehicle to have straight pipes and be used regularly?

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
395 Posts
Because it will drone and/or the family will tire of the noise.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Because it will drone and/or the family will tire of the noise.
I took the muffler out of my 06 Magnum R/T, put straight pipe in. Left the resonators in. It sounds great, no drone at all. My wife rides with me all the time, never complains about it being too loud. Actually the reason I did it is that my son said the car was too quiet!

1949 International KB2, 302/T5
1968 Dodge Dart GTS, 340/727
2006 Dodge Magnum R/T
2016 Dodge Durango Limited

·
Registered
2014 Durango RT 392
901 Posts
Because you have sensitive ears? Or because it is not good for the vehicle to have straight pipes and be used regularly?
Not to mention, it is probably pretty obnoxious to everyone around you. Sometimes it's better to just have a great sound without all the ruckus. I believe mine is walking the line on that.

·
Registered
'19 RT
19 Posts
Not to mention, it is probably pretty obnoxious to everyone around you. Sometimes it's better to just have a great sound without all the ruckus. I believe mine is walking the line on that.
straight pipes/ great exhaust system serve a purpose if it matches what's going on under the hood. If you have straight pipes and are still running the stock airbox, then you are only being obnoxious-- until someone proves me wrong.

·
Registered
2014 Durango RT 392
901 Posts
straight pipes/ great exhaust system serve a purpose if it matches what's going on under the hood. If you have straight pipes and are still running the stock airbox, then you are only being obnoxious-- until someone proves me wrong.
Well, I run a stock airbox(slightly modified) with a drop in k&n. The dyno says it makes a difference.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Pretty much why I wouldn't do it on a daily driver. Doesn't have anything to do with my tolerance. I live in the city.

I have damn close to straight pipe now. But I still have the mid muffler which is just two perforated pipes running straight through the suitcase. Then a resonator delete with glasspacks. Really quiets the high frequency tones at low rpms but still has a nice low rumble. When I get on it, its plenty loud.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My neighbors love it lol. Then again I live inside a military base close to the flightline. My little straight pipes don't bother anyone that lives close to f22s I'm guessing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts