Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Anyone seen this? Any resolve for the issue? I just got the message on Sunday and it has since went away, but just weird it flashed up and shut off the auto stop/start system in the V6.

TIA

Scott

·
Registered
101 Posts
Typically just the engine is not ready for that feature to be activated. My Mercedes would give me a similar warning. Also would have come up if oil was too low on that car.

·
Registered
11 Posts
We just acquired a gently used 2016 Durango Limited with 40,000 miles on the odometer. Prior to accepting it from the seller, we had it thoroughly inspected by our competent and reliable local Dodge dealer. They fixed a few minor things like power seat calibration (never heard of that), minor battery-related fault codes, and "hood switch out of adjustment". The dealer pronounced it to be a solid car. We picked it up, completed the sale, all is well.

The next day Mrs. Futterman drove it to work. The Auto Stop feature caught her off guard. Neither of us were expecting / aware of its existence on this vehicle. I am familiar with the concept, and over the phone I explained that it's "normal". On the way home, she said she got the warnings illustrated by the photo above, and the Auto Stop subsequently stopped auto stopping. ?

The message and light have been present ever since, which is about a week. I don't really care that it doesn't work, but I don't like knowing why it's not working. Also feel like we would like to have the option of using it when we want to. Would appreciate any insights into potentially the first and most common causes.

Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thank you. Are both batteries located under the front passenger seat? I noticed the battery is not in the engine compartment and there's a cover on the floor under that seat.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought a 2019 late in 19 and the battery for the start stop was bad. they replaced it. Some symptoms as yours
My 2017 durango does not start, also saw tha start/stop light a few days before, not sure if I have to replace the aux battery or the

·
Registered
2014 Durango SXT Plus RWD 3.6L White Knuckle--2018 Durango SXT AWD 3.6L Granite Crystal Anodized Pkg
132 Posts
My 2017 durango does not start, also saw tha start/stop light a few days before, not sure if I have to replace the aux battery or the
Replace both main and Aux.

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Durango awd Limited
5 Posts
I bought a 2019 late in 19 and the battery for the start stop was bad. they replaced it. Some symptoms as yours
Did they replace it under manufacturer warranty? I have purchased a mopar care lifetime bumper 2 bumper warranty and they are telling me today that both batteries are not covered!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did they replace it under manufacturer warranty? I have purchased a mopar care lifetime bumper 2 bumper warranty and they are telling me today that both batteries are not covered!
They replaced mine at no cost but I’m still getting the message. I’m so frustrated. Since mine also reads “stop safely” message and my ABS and power steering stopped and dodge still have no clue why.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Has anyone figured out a real fix for this issues or a real reason behind it?
Looks like it was a bad battery....

1949 International KB2, 302/T5
1968 Dodge Dart GTS, 340/727
2006 Dodge Magnum R/T "SRT Design"
2016 Dodge Durango Limited

·
Premium Member
4,491 Posts
@ Am3er:
Typically, this SS issue is caused by a failing SS battery. The main battery can also be on it's way out. Year/model/engine for your Durango please. Is it by chance, still under warranty?

As general info, once the bumper 3/36 expires, the powertrain warranty, and most service contracts don't cover batteries, treating them as a wear item like brakes and tires, etc.

Don

1 - 18 of 18 Posts