Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To those of you with a '20 or a '21 DSRT and the standard stereo: How do you like it? Is it Alpine or something else?

We currently have a '15 Citadel with the standard stereo which I really like. At the time, the option was for the Beats stereo, which we didn't like as well as the standard, which I believe is Alpine stuff.

Now the option is for Harman Kardon, which I've heard in both a '20 RT and a '21 SRT. I certainly wouldn't say it sounded bad, but frankly I was unimpressed.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I have the Beats in my '18 SRT and have no complaints.
Everything I've heard about the Harman has been positive but the way it's described it appears to be just a speaker pkg. Unless I missed something. So not sure if the amp rating is higher than stock or the same.

·
Registered
756 Posts
IMHO the Durango is a pretty big space for any oem system to fill properly...with all the engine and exhaust sounds the differences in the various systems is moot...or mute...dance the poot.....:p

·
Registered
374 Posts
I think the Alpine named system in our 2014 R/T sounded much better than the Beats in our SRT. I haven’t heard the Harmon Kardon in the Durango yet.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is it safe to assume the standard stereo in the SRT is the same as the standard stereo in the R/T? (2021)

·
Registered
53 Posts
I had the Beats in my 17 GT and Alpine is in my 19 SRT, Alpine absolutely crushes the Beats system in my opinion and its supposedly the regular stock system go figure.

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Durango R/T AWD
18 Posts
My 19 RT has the Harmon with the factory sub. It sounds really good, but dang is it bassy, like people staring at me on the sidewalk bassy. It has a really clean sound though, very full.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think the Alpine named system in our 2014 R/T sounded much better than the Beats in our SRT. I haven’t heard the Harmon Kardon in the Durango yet.
I have a 2015 D R/T with the Beats package, and I have a 2017 RAM 3500 with the Alpine package. I can say without a doubt that the Alpine system is by far, greater than the Beats Audio. This weekend I will be trading in our 2015 DRT for the new 2021 DRT which has the Alpine system. Once I get a few weeks of drive/listening time in I'll post what I've found.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
When we bought our '15 Citadel we hopped from one to another on the lot during the same song (Phil Collins, In The Air Tonight). Quickly apparent that we preferred the stock Alpine to the optional Beats at that time.

Haven't heard the stock '21 stuff but again, the HK did nothing for me personally.

·
Registered
78 Posts
So, haven't heard the Alpine systems, but after very minor adjustments to the eq on the HK system, I'm very happy with it.

Sent from my S20 Ultra using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts