Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2017 Durango GT with the Start/Stop feature. Recently we have noticed it is no longer working when you stop at a light. You can still push the button to shut it off and the button will illuminate indicating it's off, however when it is on as normal per every start up , the feature is not working at all.

I have read in some other forum that people say this can be the secondary battery. The other thread said that the secondary battery can sometimes loose a charge.

Does anyone know the location of the secondary battery? Has anyone else had this issue?

·
Registered
977 Posts
Very strange, And I have no idea, except for two possible known causes. First could be a defective climate control thermostat, which might be not communicating with the PCM properly to shut it down.
The other would be actual outside temperatures vs your climate control settings being extremely dissimilar (as in -10 outside vs +90 inside). If the ambient temperature is too high, or too low for the AC/heating system to maintain a reasonable climate control inside the cabin, (example; climate control set full hot ("HI"), or full "LO") then it will never SEND a signal to shut down if the difference between inside/outside temps reach a point where they're extremely different...This second cause is totally normal. I would check all the settings on all climate zones in the car to around 70 degrees and see if it "gets it's mind right".
Personally, I hate start/stop. So before I bought an auto-start/stop override module, I just set the thermostat to "LO", and that kept it from ever shutting down.
EDIT: Just thought of another possible culprit: The PCM could be getting a "Hood-open" signal... If the hood is open, ajar, or the switch under it is defective, the start/stop is disabled at least until the next key cycle even after the hood is closed correctly. If this is case, you'll see an "A" inside a circle, with a "!" just to the right of it --- and likely, of course, a "hood open" alert icon alongside of it. The "A!" is either yellow, or orange in color (I've forgotten which) on the instrument cluster.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I would be celebrating if my stop/start quit working! I freaking hate it, and am too cheap to pony up the cash for the override module.

I've heard about the hood latch signal disabling it. But then that brings the annoying dash lights/tones everytime you get in the car. It's just now habit to push the A off everytime we start the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts