Dodge Durango Forum banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
You will be in luck, a lot of people already think 20x10s on the 21s are ugly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s good news for me but surprising... how can anyone think a 20.x8 looks better than a 20x10? Maybe it’s just my scat pack blood as I had 4 of them going from the first one with 245’s up to the 275’s and then my Widebody which had 20x11’s, it just looked 100 times better having the wider stance.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Your dealer should be happy to sell you a set...you can probably work into the deal. I did when I bought by 2001 Durango, had the dealer install R/T rims. They sold them to me at their cost.
My 21 is on order but it’s through work as they bought bunch of them so I have no real dealer.

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
A new D through work? Sweet!!!...and to think you don't have to deal with a dealer. You should have to pay full retail for those tow and go wheels..LOL!

·
Registered
151 Posts
That’s good news for me but surprising... how can anyone think a 20.x8 looks better than a 20x10? Maybe it’s just my scat pack blood as I had 4 of them going from the first one with 245’s up to the 275’s and then my Widebody which had 20x11’s, it just looked 100 times better having the wider stance.

The design is what most seems to dislike....I think we all are in agreement that 20x10 should’ve been the standard size on the Durango’s.

·
Registered
135 Posts
A new D through work? Sweet!!!...and to think you don't have to deal with a dealer. You should have to pay full retail for those tow and go wheels..LOL!
Lol it’s a long story and I just sold my Widebody which I already miss but this deal was too good to pass up financially...
here’s my baby

·
Registered
135 Posts
The design is what most seems to dislike....I think we all are in agreement that 20x10 should’ve been the standard size on the Durango’s.

Well this will hopefully end well for me then lol... I haven’t seen either in person but from the pics there is no compassion from the rt black top rims compared to the tow and go , especially 2” wider.

·
Registered
2014 Durango RT, 392 Hemi, Eibach Coils, 22" Hellcat Reps, Corsa Exhaust
644 Posts
It's not the width of the tire as much as it is the width of the wheel. Of course the tire has to be sized to fit the wheel too. The OEM R/T wheels are 20 x 8 and the SRT wheels are 20 x 10. The standard size tire for OEM R/T wheel is 265/50/20 while standard size tire for the SRT wheel is 295/45/20. And a 265/50/20 tire is approximately the same height as a 295/45/20 tire. According to Tire Rack's website the Bridgestone Ecopia's that come on the R/T will fit rims from 7.5 to 9.5 inches. According to the same website my 295/45/20 Yokohoma Parada's will fit rim sizes from 9.5 to 11 inches.

I suspect the reason that the Tow N Go package comes with SRT wheels is to accommodate the larger SRT Brembo brakes, which help increase the tow rating by adding stopping power and of course add performance too. The Brembos won't fit behind the OEM R/T wheels without spacers. Not to mention Dodge already has these parts available and has already done the engineering behind them.
The tow n go doesn't come with srt brembos. It gets a less potent 4 piston caliper that are just painted black. So the rt wheels would probably work, but my guess would be that it's for looks and price justification.

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
The R/T Tow N’ Go Package includes the following equipment…

• 20-inch x 10-inch Hyper Black Aluminum Wheels
  • Black 6-Piston Brembo™ Front Brakes, 4-Piston Rear Brakes
  • Pirelli Scorpion Zero™ Run-Flat 295 Performance All-Season Tires
  • Compact Spare Tire
  • Bilstein® SRT Active-Dampening High-Performance Suspension
  • Electronic Limited Slip Differential
  • Performance Exhaust
  • Class IV Trailer-Hitch
  • Integrated Trailer Brake Controller
  • Widebody Flares
  • Hard Button Drive Modes
  • SRT Active Noise Cancellation
  • Automatic Headlamp Leveling

·
Registered
135 Posts
The R/T Tow N’ Go Package includes the following equipment…

• 20-inch x 10-inch Hyper Black Aluminum Wheels
  • Black 6-Piston Brembo Front Brakes, 4-Piston Rear Brakes
  • Pirelli Scorpion Zero Run-Flat 295 Performance All-Season Tires
  • Compact Spare Tire
  • Bilstein SRT Active-Dampening High-Performance Suspension
  • Electronic Limited Slip Differential
  • Performance Exhaust
  • Class IV Trailer-Hitch
  • Integrated Trailer Brake Controller
  • Widebody Flares
  • Hard Button Drive Modes
  • SRT Active Noise Cancellation
  • Automatic Headlamp Leveling
I really should have tried to get the tow and go but didn’t have a choice.... as I want that exhaust and 20x10’s lol...

·
Registered
182 Posts
The tow n go doesn't come with srt brembos. It gets a less potent 4 piston caliper that are just painted black. So the rt wheels would probably work, but my guess would be that it's for looks and price justification.
Yes it does, the Calipers are just not painted red. 20” rims are your only choice on the tow n go because
of the caliper size. You can go down to 9.5 inch width as I did on my SRT for my winter setup.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Tow and Go is like a Scatpack Durango!
Yes the good news is that I can tinker with both of those items lol... I might not bother with the rims unless I find someone with a set they took off but exhaust is a must... that performance oem Mopar sounds really great but it’s also expensive... will probably just replace the mid with something and if that’s not enough I’ll swap the resonators in the back too lol.... guess I’ll have a poor mans , homemade tow n go package at the end hahah

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yes the good news is that I can tinker with both of those items lol... I might not bother with the rims unless I find someone with a set they took off but exhaust is a must... that performance oem Mopar sounds really great but it’s also expensive... will probably just replace the mid with something and if that’s not enough I’ll swap the resonators in the back too lol.... guess I’ll have a poor mans , homemade tow n go package at the end hahah

You can do a lot for sound on the 5.7. On my Rams, I cut out the resonators, gave it the sound I preferred.
I mean, from factory it was just okay, but it’s a Hemi let’s hear it.
On the Durango’s, it’s seems a simple mod is to cut out the “suitcase” and install an X pipe, which should be pretty inexpensive. It’s a place to start.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Speaking of SRT wheels, what is a good place to buy a replica set or used OEMs? I'm thinking about that for my R/T maybe for next year.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Speaking of SRT wheels, what is a good place to buy a replica set or used OEMs? I'm thinking about that for my R/T maybe for next year.
Try the Wheel Exchange. That's were mine came from. Joe sometimes has used almost new sets that can be sold without being refinished. Of course he can also do a set for you powderocated gloss black or in black chrome. Mine are gloss black.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yes it does, the Calipers are just not painted red. 20” rims are your only choice on the tow n go because
of the caliper size. You can go down to 9.5 inch width as I did on my SRT for my winter setup.
There's a $395 option to get the calipers in Red w/ srt performance pads on the Tow n Go

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
135 Posts
This is what I’m looking for too... really want srt or tow n go oem rims from someone ... if my Durango ever gets here lol

·
Registered
2014 Durango RT, 392 Hemi, Eibach Coils, 22" Hellcat Reps, Corsa Exhaust
644 Posts
I guess you're right. I must have mistaken the the 4 piston for the front instead of the back.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts