Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hello guys. I was looking at a used SRT and the performance page show these times. You guys think that it was driven really hard to get those numbers? Should I stay away from it?
I personally think it’s fine. These are built to be pushed with safeguards in place to prevent you from pushing them too hard. If you were to overdo it in a particular gear by inadvertently missing a shift or forgetting you’re in manual mode and stepping on it, the rev limiter will kick in and cut the fuel to keep you from getting to a point of doing damage. Thats happened to me more than a few times over the past 3 years. I think you should appreciate the beast that it is and occasionally drive it like you stole it. The time you show is a 1/8th mile at 13.6, which would equate to an embarrassing 27.2 quarter mile. That’s about half throttle.

·
Registered
235 Posts
SRT vehicles are built to run hard. As KC Geezer stated, there are built-in nannies to protect the powertrain.

Plus the DDSRT should still have the balance of the factory warranty available, but make sure this is documented in writing before purchase.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I personally think it’s fine. These are built to be pushed with safeguards in place to prevent you from pushing them too hard. If you were to overdo it in a particular gear by inadvertently missing a shift or forgetting you’re in manual mode and stepping on it, the rev limiter will kick in and cut the fuel to keep you from getting to a point of doing damage. Thats happened to me more than a few times over the past 3 years. I think you should appreciate the beast that it is and occasionally drive it like you stole it. The
I personally think it’s fine. These are built to be pushed with safeguards in place to prevent you from pushing them too hard. If you were to overdo it in a particular gear by inadvertently missing a shift or forgetting you’re in manual mode and stepping on it, the rev limiter will kick in and cut the fuel to keep you from getting to a point of doing damage. Thats happened to me more than a few times over the past 3 years. I think you should appreciate the beast that it is and occasionally drive it like you stole it. The time you show is a 1/8th mile at 13.6, which would equate to an embarrassing 27.2 quarter mile. That’s about half throttle.
Thanks KC Geezer. What about " Last 12" and "Best 8.5" ? What do they represent?

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
The Timer will clock every 0-60 weather it's part or full throttle. My Wife's Charger has the Performance pages and it does the same thing. Most people are not doing 0-60 pulls every time they drive.
Your Buying a Used SRT, of course whoever owned it before you drove it hard. I wouldn't think anything less. Why would one buy an SRT and not drive it hard? Your going to do the same thing my friend.
If buying use worries you like it does me, then save your pennies for a new one and rest when your head hits the pillow.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I wouldn’t worry about it. Those numbers are easily reset. So if you see one with slow times, more than likely it was reset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
That’s saying the last 1/8 mile recorded was 12.0 seconds. It keeps track of the best or fastest historical times for various things like quarter mile, 1/8 mile, 0-60, top speed, etc.. As Mantis stated, these times are constantly being captured automatically whether you’re trying to do your best 0-60 (4.1 🙂) or just merging onto the highway.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello guys. I was looking at a used SRT and the performance page show these times. You guys think that it was driven really hard to get those numbers? Should I stay away from it?
Seriously, that low miles it still has a factory warranty. Lets be honest no one buys an SRT that is just going to take the kids to the drive thru. Look at the book value and capitalize on the depreciation from new.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts