Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just wondering what anyone has done to there DSRT’s so far. I have done a JLT oil catch can and painted my coil covers to match the paint. Looking to do some exhaust work but can’t find any drop in suitcase delete h pipes. Please let me know if you know of any thanks and have a great one. Also it’s quicker than they claim.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn, that's quick, nice!
Thank you yeah I was pretty surprised by it. Wasn’t the best road and had some uphill at the end but she was getting it for sure. Looking forward to seeing if anyone comes out with a H-pipe for us. Now she’s all clean after showing me what was up lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Thank you yeah I was pretty surprised by it. Wasn’t the best road and had some uphill at the end but she was getting it for sure. Looking forward to seeing if anyone comes out with a H-pipe for us. Now she’s all clean after showing me what was up lol.
Dude It's so damn nice. I gotta get me one DAMN!!!!

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Engine bay looks killer!! Let me know when you're gonna trade her in!!

·
Registered
936 Posts
I had been looking a while before I did my exhaust. I was originally going to do aftermarket catback until I started looking on YouTube and saw what others have done. I guess the H pipe is old school, not sure how easy that'll be to find. X pipe seems to be the way to go now, if you looking to do that type anyways! I went with "straight" pipes, lol if you don't count the small bends in them to fit properly. I've got an 18 RT so there wouldn't be any differences between yours and mine except diameter, yours will be a bit bigger. BTW, it sounds SO much better with the suitcase delete. Nice work you did to the engine bay, looks good!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
28,307 Posts
Looks Great Good luck with itSTEVE

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jfire thank you I appreciate the info. I am trying to h pipe it because the space between the pipes as well as permitting exhaust travel between sides. The back pressure is good for the low end torque. I’ve been thinking about very seriously just not sure I want to hack it apart quite yet. If i don’t see anything come out pretty soon then I’ll be looking at a custom hPipe. I’ve heard the suitcase deletes on the 5.7’s and they sound great. There’s no telling what the throaty ass 6.4 will sound like. Also thanks everyone on the compliments on the coil covers. I love the way they look and once the intakes done the tube will be matched as well.

·
Registered
598 Posts
what was your trap speed in the 1/4 mile?

·
Registered
598 Posts
Dude It's so damn nice. I gotta get me one DAMN!!!!
My problem is the only Dodge dealer around here is kind of low volume. They've got an SRT coming in a few weeks and the sales manager said he's got four guys including me interested in it. He could be blowing smoke but maybe not. May have to wait till the smoke clears for my upgrade

·
Registered
936 Posts
Jfire thank you I appreciate the info. I am trying to h pipe it because the space between the pipes as well as permitting exhaust travel between sides. The back pressure is good for the low end torque. I’ve been thinking about very seriously just not sure I want to hack it apart quite yet. If i don’t see anything come out pretty soon then I’ll be looking at a custom hPipe. I’ve heard the suitcase deletes on the 5.7’s and they sound great. There’s no telling what the throaty ass 6.4 will sound like. Also thanks everyone on the compliments on the coil covers. I love the way they look and once the intakes done the tube will be matched as well.
I've heard the SRT's on videos and they sound aggressively meaner than they already did! I can tell you my RT really sounds nasty now, I'm sure the neighbors hate me in the morning on cold starts lol! Good luck on your H pipe, really hope you can get what your looking for.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hey guys just wondering what anyone has done to there DSRT’s so far. I have done a JLT oil catch can and painted my coil covers to match the paint. Looking to do some exhaust work but can’t find any drop in suitcase delete h pipes. Please let me know if you know of any thanks and have a great one. Also it’s quicker than they claim.
Damn that's a clean catch can installation. Those coil covers are killer too!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Damn that's a clean catch can installation. Those coil covers are killer too![/QUOTE]

Thanks brother yeah the guys at JLT coldair are local to me so they did up the coil covers for me and it’s there OCC as well. Now just waiting on an intake.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Finally got home from deployment and got my JLT intake and installed it. Absolutely love it. It looks incredible sounds incredible and hey an extra 20-30 to the wheels is always a nice addition. Still testing this point but I’m seeing about a .4-.6 increase in MPG too lol. Every little bit helps at this point. It’s crazy to see where this massive engine was pulling air from. It’s very restrictive and basically was breathing through a straw. Not anymore. Thanks for looking and have an awesome one everybody. Hope kooks long tubes are next. Then methanol and nitrous.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Awesome times. Have you taken it to the track? My R/T is also running faster than advertised. I just pulled a 14.1 in the 1/4 when it's rated to do a 14.7. Love seeing this by the way.
The intake system did it come with a cover for the vent above the air cleaner? I assume it did so no water gets in. The huge heat shield is awesome and smart I'm really digging it.
Did you get the 3rd row delete package called light weight package? If I get an SRT I want that as I don't use the 3rd row at all.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Awesome times. Have you taken it to the track? My R/T is also running faster than advertised. I just pulled a 14.1 in the 1/4 when it's rated to do a 14.7. Love seeing this by the way.
The intake system did it come with a cover for the vent above the air cleaner? I assume it did so no water gets in. The huge heat shield is awesome and smart I'm really digging it.
Did you get the 3rd row delete package called light weight package? If I get an SRT I want that as I don't use the 3rd row at all.
Haven’t gotten her to the track yet but am looking really forward to doing it. There’s a clear plastic shied that covers and redirects the water away from the filter and I also have a pre filter on there. I have the 3rd row it’s what convinced the wife to let me get one since we have four kids. I love this damn thing though I can tel you that much.

·
Registered
55 Posts
sweet ride! not sure if this was a brain fart, but figured i would chime in... You probably want an X pipe, not an H pipe... theres a big difference and H pipes are generally for older cars with crappy compression issues... best of luck, post some sound clips when you find one!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts