Dodge Durango Forum banner
121 - 126 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
I finally did the brakes... just went with OEM all 4 corners. Posted some photos and observations in this thread. After much research I really wanted the Demon 2 peice lightweights bit ultimately I went "cheap" on the Mopar/Brembo OE replacements. I'm good to go for another 15-20k miles which seems to be the going rate on my fronts!

·
Registered
2014 Durango RT 392
1,275 Posts
Why is everyone on this thread happy to spend way too much money on this? Unless you actually track your DD, what's the point? I just bought rotors and pads from R1Concepts for less than $300, and could have got their premiums for about $500. Works great for daily driving. And if you have to replace every 20-30k... why would you spend so much? I don't get it. Most of the guys on here are always trying to find aftermarket parts for everything else, but want oem brakes. Rant over.

·
Registered
60 Posts
@Tony H

It's a valid point! I actually picked up some OEM brakes for about half price from a guy that decided to trade his SRT in, and had all of the pads and rotors ready to be installed but then changed his mind on the vehicle. I actually track mine on occasion at Willow Springs, California Speedway, and up and down mountain roads faster than I should... Perks of tire testing and tire development for a career. I grew really confident in the OEM brakes and was scared to try anything else honestly, especially consider how most folks drive these things, I didn't trust their opinions on the forums.

Now that I have two sets of rotors, and the thickness measurements are good, I'll get the resurfaced... I'm only going to be paying for overpriced Brembo pads from here out!

·
Registered
2020 Durango R/T
11 Posts
Nothing under braking. It’s all at highway speed. And it happened after I got the brakes done.
My 2015 R/T had that issue in 2016, about a year after I bought it.. Turned out to be the spider that houses all the rear suspension. Seems there was a run of the aluminum casting that had air pockets in it. When I took it to the dealer and they figured out what it was they loaded it up on a flatbed and offered me anything on the lot as a replacement. Only thing on the lot was a gazillion RAM pickups so I chose one and that was that. Since then I've had a 2015 R/T (different one). 2018 R/T and now a 2020 R/T with no issues.

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
2,272 Posts
So you realize you're posting to the OP from 2020 in a thread with the last post in 2021 and you're referring to your 2015 DD?

121 - 126 of 126 Posts