Dodge Durango Forum banner
81 - 100 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
I live on the outskirts of Toronto and do a lot of stop and go driving which likely is blame but to need a new set so soon shocked me. Even more shocking was leaving the dealership $3,851.17 lighter. The truck had 28,635 kms on the odometer a the time.
That just seems outrageous for pads and (I assume rotors) or were other things repaired/replaced ??

Reactions: mjreiland

·
Registered
406 Posts
Well I know the exchange rate with Canada sometimes is really bad but.... I can't rationalize a consumable cost that high that regularly on my daily driver (~18k miles per year). Sounds like a bunch of others here have went with non-OE pads and rotors at a significant cost savings. Whats the Powerstop package above come in at cost wise?

Thanks for your feedback DBSRT.
I'm going Powerstop next time. Period.

·
Registered
74 Posts
mjreiland, unless I'm missing something, that cost is unfathomable to me.
That just seems outrageous for pads and (I assume rotors) or were other things repaired/replaced ??
I agree... it is a high price and soft pads. I was over 3k for just the fronts at about 30,000km. I didn’t have time to change it so when the tears came up I put on the PS system as stated at close to 1K8, installed at all four corners with the dealer installing them.

Would have to check but I am close to 20,000km on the new install, brake dust is almost not noticeable.

Due for a cleaning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
406 Posts
I agree with you, Mike. That's a mint! I saw where the original poster said he checked with a Dodge parts department. Front Brembo pads were $492, rears came in at $382 and rotors were $300 each. That's about two grand's worth just in parts. Unlike me, SLR wisely didn't pull the trigger. Reading good things about Powerstops from so many here has my mind already made up for next time.

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V6
2,538 Posts
That $3k+ price for brake service alone is enough to tell me not to even think about buying an SRT. Even the aftermarket less expensive options are way too retarded expensive.

·
Registered
‘18 SRT
56 Posts
That $3k+ price for brake service alone is enough to tell me not to even think about buying an SRT. Even the aftermarket less expensive options are way too retarded expensive.
Aftermarket cost me $800 for parts and labor. That cost was for rotors and pads. I’m actually loving my setup now. I can tell you guys this, no more annoying brake dust either.

·
Registered
2020 SRT 6.4L V8
76 Posts
The black lugs are definitely the way to go. I did the same thing and you are right, it's the little things :cool: View attachment 111008
Is that the stock SRT "Center Cap" on your vehicle? My 2020's is Chrome. I was thinking about the black lug nuts but now I'm not sure it'll be the way to go given the center cap is chrome.

Attachments

·
Registered
298 Posts
Is that the stock SRT "Center Cap" on your vehicle? My 2020's is Chrome. I was thinking about the black lug nuts but now I'm not sure it'll be the way to go given the center cap is chrome.

They are an oem center cap, just not for the DDSRT. They came on earlier challengers/chargers. The mopar part # is 5QW99RXFAA .

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hey guys...

Not sure but I think neither of you have the oem center cap for the Durango SRT...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81 - 100 of 126 Posts