Dodge Durango Forum banner
61 - 80 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hey bro so

Hey bro the page you sent gives options for a 330 or 350 mm front/rear rotor as well as a 1pc option kit. Question is which one is for our trucks and which one did you use?
Ok so this one I ask you to verify with your dealer... but.

The 2018 OEM is a one piece rotor... other options I believe are for the ‘19 and ‘20 but mine had a one piece rotor OEM so it is what I used. I actually did mine through my dealer so I would have to dig up the work order to see what they put on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
‘18 SRT
56 Posts
Got the fronts put on today. Also changed out the chrome lugs for all black. It’s the small things that really make the truck pop. As far as the brakes, I don’t have any issues with them. Still braking them in so got to take it easy for a bit. Once I get to really test them out I’ll leave a better review. Enjoy!
Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Wheel
Tire Alloy wheel Automotive tire Wheel Rim
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire

·
Registered
‘18 SRT
56 Posts
So, running into some issues with the brake setup. Slapped both front and rears on along with new pads all around. Got everything on last weekend and since then the truck has had some vibration at highway speed. No vibration when stopping just when I’m cruising along. Any idea what’s causing this? Gonna call the shop tomorrow about it but wanted to pick your guys brains.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Maybe this has been in another thread, I'm currently in an R/T looking into an SRT in the future or R/T with Tow and Go with the Brembo's. Whats the life expectancy of the pads and rotors, is it just a few of you SRT guys that drive hard and brake hard and get 20k (or less) miles out of them or is that more along the lines of that's what you get with big performance brakes. Another forum member commented (rightly so) that no one can answer that question since we all drive differently. I am expecting my '18 to probably get to 50k miles on the factory pads, I drive it spirited but no track days or anything crazy like that. If the Brembo's have better performance but 1/3 the life that actually is significant consumables cost to the thing. Same goes with performance tires I guess. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Maybe this has been in another thread, I'm currently in an R/T looking into an SRT in the future or R/T with Tow and Go with the Brembo's. Whats the life expectancy of the pads and rotors, is it just a few of you SRT guys that drive hard and brake hard and get 20k (or less) miles out of them or is that more along the lines of that's what you get with big performance brakes. Another forum member commented (rightly so) that no one can answer that question since we all drive differently. I am expecting my '18 to probably get to 50k miles on the factory pads, I drive it spirited but no track days or anything crazy like that. If the Brembo's have better performance but 1/3 the life that actually is significant consumables cost to the thing. Same goes with performance tires I guess. Thanks guys.
I bought my Durango SRT new in June of 2018, mj. Despite the temptation, I don't drive the truck aggressively yet I had to have both front and rear pads and rotors replaced just last September of 2019. I heard the fronts squeaking so I went to the dealership, had it up on the hoist, where I was shown how low the pads were. I was like "What the..?" Those on the rear weren't far behind, either.

Add to that was the service rep's slip of the tongue to my question of why I'd need new pads and rotors so soon. Him: "Yeah. With Brembos, you're lucky to get two years out of them." Me: "'Lucky to get a couple of years?'" I asked the service guy why they wear out so fast and do others with them return for service so soon. He said their wear was par for the course - especially with the SRT being a high performance truck plus it's heavy. Maybe it's a trade - off between what the pads are made of in order to perform as they do and how long they last.

I live on the outskirts of Toronto and do a lot of stop and go driving which likely is blame but to need a new set so soon shocked me. Even more shocking was leaving the dealership $3,851.17 lighter. The truck had 28,635 kms on the odometer a the time.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I installed the PowerStop Z23 about 3 weeks ago and so far I love them. The stopping power is "nearly" the same as the OEM pads but with only 10% of the brake dust.
I find that once you get them warm they stop really well. Just like oem. I think the compound likes to be driven a bit harder. Makes sense as they are sold as a road/track option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
343 Posts
I live on the outskirts of Toronto and do a lot of stop and go driving which likely is blame but to need a new set so soon shocked me. Even more shocking was leaving the dealership $3,851.17 lighter. The truck had 28,635 kms on the odometer a the time.
Well I know the exchange rate with Canada sometimes is really bad but.... I can't rationalize a consumable cost that high that regularly on my daily driver (~18k miles per year). Sounds like a bunch of others here have went with non-OE pads and rotors at a significant cost savings. Whats the Powerstop package above come in at cost wise?

Thanks for your feedback DBSRT.

Reactions: DBSRT
61 - 80 of 126 Posts