Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
on most cars you replace pads until rotors get too thin or crack.....dodge asks owners to replace rotors with pads on the srt which I think is ridiculous...I will only replace pads when the time comes as long as rotors are still in spec...

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
on a street driven vehicle warped rotors are a sign of a problem of either pad drag and excessive uneven heating or a driver who uses the brakes too much or rests their foot on the peddle...often a pulsating peddle can be uneven pad deposits causing microscopic high spots..just try and rebed the pads

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
the logic is to keep the wheel hub/bearing cooler....less stress on the bearings .. and the rotor with proper vanning or internal venting also sheds heat faster....think pinwheel.....the aluminum hub insulates the bearing and also reduces unsprung weight..which is nice...

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
well I finally swapped my winter for summer wheels and used my aluminum floor jack using a wood block to increase the height since my jack is a lower profile ....worked ok. My oem pads are very near done after 20k..not bad.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
The dealer will NOT resurface your rotors. I was told NO by two separate dealers. I was told by another shop that there are no specs for these rotors and they wouldn't resurface them either.
Has anyone here just replaced their pads without any issues?
So I just had my dealer replace front pads only after 20k miles and they did not even mention rotor replacement...so Yes to your question.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Often manufacturers will not disclose the actual model# of the brembo caliper used. When I have "gone off the reservation" with pads I had to trace out the current oem pad and send to the after market vendor to match...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts