Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Durango R/T White Knuckle, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Indigo blue, 2013 Durango Crew 3.6 (sold)
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all first post here, I just recently traded in my 2013 Durango that I had owned since new. To make a long story short I liked the truck but I did have my fair share of reliability issue with it. I did however like it enough to just pickup a 2021 DD R/T. Ive had it for around a week now it and it has about 900 miles on it. Well I have noticed that either pulling away or holding the revs at about 1100 or 1200 creates a squeal. I presume this is a belt or tensioner and from my understanding this is a relatively common issue on the hemis. I was was hoping that someone would know of a permanent solution to this issue as I have heard that the dealerships do not have a fix for it. Thanks, Hunter

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
697 Posts
Probably a belt and in the many months or year that I have been on this forum yours is the first post about it so I doubt its a "common issue." Definitely time for a warranty trip to the dealer. If they only put belt dressing on it then they need to be honest and tell you that. They might just change the belt though since they can charge FCA for it.

·
Registered
2021 Durango R/T White Knuckle, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Indigo blue, 2013 Durango Crew 3.6 (sold)
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Take it to the dealer and have them fix it. Nothing should be squealing on a new HEMI.
I just got back from the dealer. Wouldn’t even look at it. I have a service appointment all the way out on August 30th! Completely ridiculous on a new car but I guess I need to deal with the squeal until then.

·
Registered
2021 Durango R/t with Tow & Go, Vice White with Black Leather, HK Sound, SunRoof & etc.
9 Posts
I just got back from the dealer. Wouldn’t even look at it. I have a service appointment all the way out on August 30th! Completely ridiculous on a new car but I guess I need to deal with the squeal until then.
No, you do not have to deal with it till the end of August. Go to your service manager and if he won't look at it, don't leave. Get your salesman and or the sales manager and complain that the service department is putting you off. I have been a service manager at 2 different dealers and neither one of them would have stood for me putting a customer off for even a minute. Especially on a new car. The person you dealt with was probably a service writer and has little to no authority to get a tech to listen to your problem. Whomever that was....they need a different job. In the rare case that none of the above will listen to you, then look up the number for customer service in your operators manual and call them. Do not leave until you get some answers.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hi all first post here, I just recently traded in my 2013 Durango that I had owned since new. To make a long story short I liked the truck but I did have my fair share of reliability issue with it. I did however like it enough to just pickup a 2021 DD R/T. Ive had it for around a week now it and it has about 900 miles on it. Well I have noticed that either pulling away or holding the revs at about 1100 or 1200 creates a squeal. I presume this is a belt or tensioner and from my understanding this is a relatively common issue on the hemis. I was was hoping that someone would know of a permanent solution to this issue as I have heard that the dealerships do not have a fix for it. Thanks, Hunter
Hi Hunter8303,
To get assistance with getting an appointment scheduled, you can call this number 800-423-6343. Alternatively, if you would be interested in having your concerns documented; please follow up with us via PM to provide additional details regarding your concerns so we may determine how to best assist you.

Rob
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update: I spoke to the dealership and they agreed to take the car in sooner with a loaner being provided. Thanks for all the replies and suggestions.

Hunter

1 - 7 of 7 Posts