Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
28,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you Dizzy D for sending me the set of challenger strut tower caps. Of course they are not a direct fit but as you will see they can be used. The Drivers side requires no cutting, the passenger side requires a bit of modding since the Durango and JGC mount there hood support there.
Of course I had to put on my own personal touch by using duplicolor blue metallic over my own special base prep to give it the matching look to the billet under the hood.

STEVE

·
Administrator
28,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This will hold me off until I can save up for the overpriced ARRINGTON Performance Strut bar brace. Even then I will find a way to use these to give the Strut tower brace a more finished look.
STEVE

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Same boat when it come to strut brace.
Looks good, thumbs up!

happy to see it work, also got me to clean a couple other things out of garage. Luckily the earthquake on Friday didn't do much damage, a few of my plastic connector crimp trays broke everywhere in the garage, (I had the strut caps on them, earlier)the two lava lamps bit the dust. $45.00 worth of damage. The epicenter was 5 miles from my house! Their was a good 8" of movement, almost felt like standing on a giant random orbit buffer for 20 seconds.

·
Administrator
28,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WOW Glad to hear your damage is minimal.
Thanks again

·
Administrator
8,002 Posts
I have had the same experience out here from quakes. One quake hit and the floor of my garage dropped 4" right under my roll-away. A following quake from another fault line brought it back up. Go figure. The caps look really good. Will look even better with the brace.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Same boat when it come to strut brace.
Looks good, thumbs up!

happy to see it work, also got me to clean a couple other things out of garage. Luckily the earthquake on Friday didn't do much damage, a few of my plastic connector crimp trays broke everywhere in the garage, (I had the strut caps on them, earlier)the two lava lamps bit the dust. $45.00 worth of damage. The epicenter was 5 miles from my house! Their was a good 8" of movement, almost felt like standing on a giant random orbit buffer for 20 seconds.
I was in Long Beach when that quake came through. I was reasonably intoxicated at a hole in the wall bar...very surreal experience!!

- Danny

1 - 7 of 7 Posts