Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you upgrade your non-Brembo DD to Brembos, the stock wheels wont clear the fronts, so often people will go aftermarket or get OEM SRT 20x10 rims... mmmm, stance...

So to no one's surprise, the factory spare tire won't fit the front Brembos either, plus run-flats are expensive and eventually also ride like garbage.

To avoid using a wheel spacer and other issues that brings, plus if you use the DD to tow, you want a fullsize spare for the just-in-case moments. For those that don't have a spare, check out the pics and you can likely get the OEM parts to install and get the wind-down/drop-down spare in the rear. This will also prevent the issue of having to do a half car tire rotation if you get a front flat, as you'd have to take the spare, put it on the rear, take the good rear tire and move it to the front where the flat is. Yuck.

You'll need:

1. Wheel - Any 20x10 that matches the offset of your current 20x10. Mine was easy, I use Mopar OEM 20x10 so I just went to Ebay and looked for a 20x10 rim. It doesn't need to be pretty, just round, haha!

2. Tire - You need a symmetric or asymmetric tire for the spare - DO NOT GET A DIRECTIONAL! (see here for options: Non-directional options for the 295/45/20? - Found a few)

3. (Only if you don't have a spare underneath, all the OEM parts - crank, plastic splash guards, etc)

Tire Wheel Car Automotive tire Vehicle

(Factory Spare)

Vehicle Automotive tire Tire Truck Wheel

(View from rear w/factory spare)

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

(Cable lift for spare)
You'll see here the black plastic splash guard for around the spare tire)

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Car

(Left and right side)

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Tread

(Ebay rim and Asymmetrical spare tire)

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Car

(The plastic guard and cable end)

Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire Wheel

Automotive tail & brake light Sky Car Vehicle Cloud

(You'll get a bit of tire view on the new spare)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts