Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd show you guys the Ram I use to own.

Can't wait for my new Granite R/T to be delivered!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Woohoo! Congrats bencurt24!

Very nice...can't wait to see the pics!

You're from Iowa....if I recall.

·
Registered
542 Posts
We'll have to do a meet sometime this later spring/summer. I'm less than an hour from the IA border.

We'll wait til you get your Durango!

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We'll have to do a meet sometime this later spring/summer. I'm less than an hour from the IA border.

We'll wait til you get your Durango!
Sounds good to me! I have family in Decorah, Iowa which is like 20 mins from Minnesota. Are you on the west or east side of the state?
Hope to have the D sometime in April.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I'm straight south of the Twin Cities on I-35...so easy trip south.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Nice, that's similar to my brother's old truck, but his was an '04 cummins diesel, quad cab with the long bed, so it was like driving a dang bus down the road. But man that thing would move!

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice, that's similar to my brother's old truck, but his was an '04 cummins diesel, quad cab with the long bed, so it was like driving a dang bus down the road. But man that thing would move!
Mine was the exact same as your brother's except it didn't have the long bed. It sure was fun except when it needed to be filled up. :(

·
Administrator
28,310 Posts
Good Luck with your New D
STEVE

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Are you happy with going from a truck to the SUV ? I am thinking of doing the same thing.
Yes, I am! The D still sorta handles a little bit like my truck which I like. It's also way more responsive when I hit the throttle. Where the D blows the truck out of the water is cabin noise and overall ride quality. Coming from a diesel the D is super quiet which is actually pretty nice and it drives like a dream. The only thing on the truck i'll miss is having a box to throw things into but that's not a huge deal since I can just pull a trainer behind the D. Hopefully that helps you out a little. If you have any more question don't be afraid to PM me or write them on here. I can't thank the guys on here enough for helping me decide which D I wanted. I would like to pass the favor down to guys like you!

Ben

·
Super Moderator
5,135 Posts
The only thing on the truck i'll miss is having a box to throw things into but that's not a huge deal since I can just pull a trainer behind the D.
Agreed with that statement. If I really needed a truck bed I'd have a truck. Instead, I have three non-trucks that can each pull my trailer if I need that space. Now, if I didn't need the inside of the thing to fit my family, and I didn't care about spending the money on another car payment, I'd still have a truck. For one reason- Trucks are cool, that's it. They look cool and they just are. I love Durangos but they are and will always be an 'SUV'. There's just something about a truck, I guess. And hey, a lot of you agree because you call your D's trucks after all! ;)

As to which D, I can only suggest the R/T. Great look, nice options, good value. Hot rod!

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Agreed with that statement. If I really needed a truck bed I'd have a truck. Instead, I have three non-trucks that can each pull my trailer if I need that space. Now, if I didn't need the inside of the thing to fit my family, and I didn't care about spending the money on another car payment, I'd still have a truck. For one reason- Trucks are cool, that's it. They look cool and they just are. I love Durangos but they are and will always be an 'SUV'. There's just something about a truck, I guess. And hey, a lot of you agree because you call your D's trucks after all! ;)

As to which D, I can only suggest the R/T. Great look, nice options, good value. Hot rod!
I always hate when people refer to an SUV as a truck. I know the D looks a lot like a truck but it's still an SUV. If it doesn't have a box then it isn't a truck. Hell I'm a single guy with no need for a 7 seater vehicle but I knew I wanted an SUV and I didn't want it to be a ford escape or something else where I'd have to turn in my man card. :)

·
Super Moderator
5,135 Posts
I always hate when people refer to an SUV as a truck. I know the D looks a lot like a truck but it's still an SUV. If it doesn't have a box then it isn't a truck. Hell I'm a single guy with no need for a 7 seater vehicle but I knew I wanted an SUV and I didn't want it to be a ford escape or something else where I'd have to turn in my man card. :)
Escape would have been an instant revocation of the card, yep.

·
Registered
928 Posts
That drives me so nuts, and its almost always city folk that have never driven a "Truck". I don't know how all states are, but in PA, if you're plate doesn't say TRUCK, you're not driving a truck. But then with that logic... a lot of vans are trucks, which I guess semi makes sense.

·
Super Moderator
5,135 Posts
That drives me so nuts, and its almost always city folk that have never driven a "Truck". I don't know how all states are, but in PA, if you're plate doesn't say TRUCK, you're not driving a truck. But then with that logic... a lot of vans are trucks, which I guess semi makes sense.
Curiosity based question- What vans are considered trucks? Unless you mean cutaway box trucks like U-hauls.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts