Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since my new 15 DD does not have side steps/rails, I'm finding it a bit difficult to reach the roof to wash, let alone wax it.
What are others doing to get the roof washed and waxed?

Thanks!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Well, haven't waxed it yet, but I just bought a cheapo Walmart wash mitt on a telescoping pole for washing purposes. Come wax time, probably flip over a 5 gallon bucket to stand on.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have a pole that I attached a nice muti-sided brush, and can also screw the hose onto it, to reach the enter of the roof.
For wax purposes, I use a small step ladder similar to the one pictured in post #9.

·
Super Moderator
2,274 Posts
foldable platform

alum platform.jpg

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
I do the rear tire and open the front doors to access the roof for washing and detailing.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I have a little folding step that seconds as a seat for when cleaning/detailing wheels.

·
Registered
500 Posts
This forum is really starting to suck with stupid questions. It actually used to be quite helpful, but now we get questions from individuals who can't figure out how to wash the roof of a car. God forbid someone store all your food on the top shelf..... you would starve to death. IMHO.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This forum is really starting to suck with stupid questions. It actually used to be quite helpful, but now we get questions from individuals who can't figure out how to wash the roof of a car. God forbid someone store all your food on the top shelf..... you would starve to death. IMHO.
Oh, please forgive us simple idiots that cannot wash a vehicle; we are so not worthy of owning a Durango. I'll sell mine tomorrow and buy a Prius. I can fit the Prius in my dishwasher. Problem solved.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Compared to my Ram the Durango roof is easy. I use the same 4' ladder I use to reach the front of the roof on my truck that I can't reach from the bed, the windshield, and the hood. The nice thing about the Durango is I only need the ladder for the roof becauae I can reach the windshield and hood sta ding on the ground

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
About this Discussion
57 Replies
39 Participants
Haganracing
Dodge Durango Forum
Welcome to the best Dodge Durango Forum around, where you can find a great Dodge Durango Wiki and discuss the reliability of the different trim levels including the GT and SRT!
Full Forum Listing