Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Was reading a past thread that got side tracked and started being a conglomeration of garage photos...

so... show us your stable!!

here is mine...

And the "Garage Queen"

·
Registered
169 Posts
I'll try to win the messiest garage award
KIMG0001.jpg
Some of you may appreciate my other 6 passenger SUV. And yes, the seats are original
KIMG0003.jpg
KIMG0096.jpg

·
Registered
124 Posts
Here's mine

20161101_163434.jpg

·
Registered
123 Posts
This is mine minus my wife's Enclave. Heat and AC makes it a nice place to hang out and wrench! A hoist is coming in the future!

Sent from the internet using Borg technology.
GXP or just a front end conversion?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Sorry for the terrible quality video, recorded on an iPhone 4. I stopped using cell phones iin the summer of 2011. Requests for pics of specific cars, will be fill on a when i get to it basis. ;)

The garage. Old video before the avenger wheels were black chromed.

Polebarn

Please also excuse the dust, too much work comes at a cost.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Sorry for the terrible quality video, recorded on an iPhone 4. I stopped using cell phones iin the summer of 2011. Requests for pics of specific cars, will be fill on a when i get to it basis. ;)

Polebarn

So jealous... one day I'll have some cool cars!

*cough* 71 challenger 426 hemi *cough*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
301 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
So jealous... one day I'll have some cool cars!

*cough* 71 challenger 426 hemi *cough*
All of this is just the result of hard work, being good with finances, sacrifice, sometimes dumb luck of finding deals. This is America and anyone can do most anything they put their mind to. My advise for that challenger, take a set amount out of each check and set it aside and don't touch it no matter what. Say $100 a week, in 10 years, thats 52k without any interest. I used to smoke 3 packs at day, when I quit I started putting that $6.52x3 per day in a jar....1 yr over $7k. We as a consumer nation spend ourselves into poverty a dollar at a time, for things we truly don't even need. I haven't had cellular service since 2011, that saves me over $1,200 a year based on my old rate plan. So smogstix and cellular savings only is $8,000 a year, and there has been more sacrifices ex: cable tv, eating out excessively, etc but you get the idea.

There is a severe lack of Chryslers, but they are also MUCH harder to locate in good condition and fairly priced. My first order of buisness after FCA earns my buisness back is add a 3rd SC vehicle to the barn, of the hellcat variety. Although I'm jonesing for some TRUE mopars lol.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
All of this is just the result of hard work, being good with finances, sacrifice, sometimes dumb luck of finding deals. This is America and anyone can do most anything they put their mind to. My advise for that challenger, take a set amount out of each check and set it aside and don't touch it no matter what. Say $100 a week, in 10 years, thats 52k without any interest. I used to smoke 3 packs at day, when I quit I started putting that $6.52x3 per day in a jar....1 yr over $7k. We as a consumer nation spend ourselves into poverty a dollar at a time, for things we truly don't even need. I haven't had cellular service since 2011, that saves me over $1,200 a year based on my old rate plan. So smogstix and cellular savings only is $8,000 a year, and there has been more sacrifices ex: cable tv, eating out excessively, etc but you get the idea.

There is a severe lack of Chryslers, but they are also MUCH harder to locate in good condition and fairly priced. My first order of buisness after FCA earns my buisness back is add a 3rd SC vehicle to the barn, of the hellcat variety. Although I'm jonesing for some TRUE mopars lol.
I'm trying to get there... young family, few bad purchase decisions (prolly should have sold the rango...) but I'm trying to get back on track, and I am slowly but surely. What other 22 and 19 year olds can say they've got their own house, 2 cars, and a full fridge and a healthy baby??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
169 Posts

Polebarn

Tweak wins! Very nice collection. I'm fortunate enough to have been raised around some 69-70 mopars my dad bought in the 80s when they were cheap and have a relative that has a rare Judge he's had since new. I think its a white convertible. Nothings better than the feel, look, and sound of these old cars.
034.jpg
035.jpg

·
Registered
575 Posts
I'm trying to get there... young family, few bad purchase decisions (prolly should have sold the rango...) but I'm trying to get back on track, and I am slowly but surely. What other 22 and 19 year olds can say they've got their own house, 2 cars, and a full fridge and a healthy baby??
Don't rush things, life and relationships are like farts, if you force them, you will probably end of with $h1t. (Sorry thats one of my favorites) You sound like you are doing quite well sir. I don't remember my late teens, early 20s with all the drinking. If the standard family would have worked for me I would have gone that route, but I like to take the box, and smash it and live without any restrictions and commitments, which has its own set of positives and negatives.

Tweak wins! Very nice collection. I'm fortunate enough to have been raised around some 69-70 mopars my dad bought in the 80s when they were cheap and have a relative that has a rare Judge he's had since new. I think its a white convertible. Nothings better than the feel, look, and sound of these old cars.
Sexy cars there. And I'm not competing with anyone, so I decline to accept a win lol. Just sharing cars/storage as per topic. These forums are meant as a place to relate, converse, help, etc with others, and bringing competition and judging people that have differant tastes, fiances, etc is how these sites get ruined. Even the guy/girl with only a beater that they try to keep going or fix up is a car person, and I respect that, even if they do things I would never do like stacking 3 wings on top of each other. And I haven't seen any car/garage yet that that isn't great. And yes the old ones are amazing, but in a different way. Old Muscle Cars can't compete with the new stuff on any performance front, but win in style and the thrill because they are so dangerous since you could die at any moment lol(drum brakes, poor handling/steering, etc).

I LOVE your stable of beautiful vehicles, but this made me sooo jealous. I hate these electronic leashes.
I don't wear a watch or anything, I've declared my freedom from time constraint, GPS, cellular, etc devices. People either stop by my home or work and I have phones at work so people can call me still. And anyone I care to have find me also knows we are at the cabin on weekends if the weather is nice. If you have a cell phone without service you can still call 911 in case of emergency.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Our simple 2 car space. Holds the Durango and my wife's VW Eos (hardtop convertible)

garage1.jpg

Garage2.jpg

Garage3.jpg

Chris

1 - 20 of 46 Posts